Author: Proudchina

China should build a bigger navy [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-6-7 23:24:42 |Display all floors
I think china should build some aircraft carriers to strengthen my navy, nowadays, for the modern battle, sucess or defeat isn't decided any more by the number of people, key part is you must have modern arm and military talent, i believe my country have the economic ability to build it, if we have it we will drive it to patrol around the whole south sea and will not fear any rivals again, try to drive american out of the south sea.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-8 03:08:11 |Display all floors

A bigger navy

Building a bigger navy would reduce the standard of living to third world status as it has done for many people in the US.
Eleven submarines with intermediate range missiles armed with atomic warheads could eliminate the US aircraft carrier threat.
China already has these.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-8 05:41:21 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Proudchina at 4-6-2011 01:41
China's shipbuilding industry produced thousands of ships amounting to 67 million tonnes of ships last year.

In theory,  assuming that one large aircraft carrier is only 65,000 tonnes, Chinese s ...

China's success iis assured if it can manage one thing - stay out of war, if China goes to war the US will impose severe trade sanctions which will bite hard into the Chinese economy - why would so many weapons needed if not to go to war?
China can defend itself but one huge carrier just for the sake of having the biggest in the world would be nice for the Chinese people, upsetting for America and would be good for developing marine technology.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-8 09:31:26 |Display all floors

A bigger navy is in need

In China,reserve duty is different from formal army and the growth of armies will increase the military expenditure.However,I think China should build a      bigger navy to guard and assure the security of marine transport.China will import more  strategic supplies like oil and food in the future,so a bigger navy is in need.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-8 10:44:06 |Display all floors

Cautious

At  present, China is faced  with plenty of outstanding civilian problems,such as education,medical care ,housing and so on,so there is no need to build too many bigger ships.However, for the sake of national safety  our navy should promote its strength in technology rather than in number or scale.

Use magic tools Report

anonymoustext
anonymoustext  Post time 2011-6-8 17:46:59
This post was edited by Anonymous at 2015-2-9 05:37

Deleted.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-8 17:48:26 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Proudchina at 2011-6-4 09:41
The Chinese navy must have at least 3,000 ships, including 120 aircraft carriers, 900 destroyers and frigates, 1,200 submarines!

How are you going to keep such a ridiculously BIG navy? More tax on ordinary Chinese people? "China will protect the world's oceans to ensure freedom of navigation". There is no such concept as "the world's oceans", only territorial waters and the high sea. Which one do you want our navy to "protect"? I assume you meant the high sea, but protect it from what? Somalian pirates? What kind of "freedom of navigation" are you implying here? The freedom to intrude into any other country's sea waters at will?

Japanese and Germans in the buildup to World War 2 had the same ambitions as yours.

In other words, you think like Hitler and Hideki Tojo, my friend.

Sheer militarism.
Dream on!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.