Views: 8100|Replies: 32

Freedom like in the open sea and sky [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-5-26 11:33:59 |Display all floors
It was only three years ago that Mei Duo formed an interest in photographing her beautiful hometown in Northwest China’s Xinjiang Uygur autonomous region. The interest now became a core part of life as she found “a kind of freedom like in the open sea and sky” when discovering and recording different people and social customs.

Mei Duo summarizes her impression of Tibet straightly as sacred, lofty, magical, broad, and religious.

"The snow mountains and holy lakes shape the tough personalities of Tibetans, and their steadfast belief and devoutness fill the desolate land with warmth and happiness."

Little let Mei Duo down except the growing commercialization in Lhasa and a lack of respect for Tibetan culture.

"Many people go to Tibet simply to prove something, but they lack the respect to Tibetans, their customs and their feelings to the land. It is a shame that some photographers roughly take photos of Tibetans praying without asking for permission first," she said.

Mei Duo regards Tibet a place where people can meet their souls and achieve peace of mind. But she said the place is threatened nowadays by climate change with many lakes drying up.

"I hope everyone can realize our responsibility to protect the environment in Tibet," she said.

758995487@qq.com
Meiduo1.jpg
Meiduo2.jpg
Meiduo3.jpg
Meiduo4.jpg
Meiduo5.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-5-26 11:35:27 |Display all floors
more
Meiduo6.jpg
Meiduo7.jpg
Mduo8.jpg
Mduo9.jpg
Mduo10.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-5-26 14:54:29 |Display all floors
To protect the environment in Tibet is everyone's ability!
Happy life for Adventure, my site: http://www.adventurecn.com

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-4 13:58:34 |Display all floors
yes ,it is everyone's responsibility  to protect the earth.
hope for one day i will have the change to Tibet.
sorry for my selfish for the commercialization  slow down.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-10 15:15:17 |Display all floors

2011 David Wright Jersey@markon-retail.net

Jason Pridie watched the Mets on television from his Buffalo apartment Thursday night after playing a doubleheader for the franchise’s Class AAA affiliate. He changed the channel after David Wright wore David Wright Mets Jersey and homered, but before Angel Pagan wore Angel Pagan Mets Jersey and left the game with a strained left oblique. That injury landed Pagan on the disabled list Friday and opened the door for Pridie’s return to the majors for the first time in nearly two seasons. It is not like Pridie was tearing the cover off the baseball, but manager Terry Collins said the 27-year-old who last reached the majors with the Twins in 2009 is not here because of the way he swings the bat.”This guy is a good defensive player – really, really good,” Collins said of Pridie, who batted .186 in 14 games with Class AAA Buffalo. “With our pitching staff, we have got to catch the baseball. Jason Pridie’s an outstanding defender.” Collins insisted moving Carlos Beltran from right field back to center was not a consideration. The Mets will likely work in a combination of Willie Harris and Scott Hairston with Pridie to fill that hole for the foreseeable future. “This can happen to anybody, especially in this weather,” said Pagan, who has two hits in his last 28 at-bats. “We have to go day by day and see how it feels. … Right now I am going to stick with the team and whatever they have planned for me, I will follow.”

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-12 16:18:49 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2011-6-12 13:44
I didn't know there were buffaloes roaming the steppes of Teabed! Do they play baseball?

He want to say "yaks".

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-12 16:19:43 |Display all floors
Wonderful images,thanks!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.