Views: 3102|Replies: 21

UK: Pre-Emptive Arrests Start of Activists ........ [Copy link] 中文

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-4-29 12:49:54 |Display all floors
The Guardian UK

Watch out for these events later today .........

Pre-emptive arrests are planned for demonstrators and activists for the Royal Wedding ........

Squatters are being rounded up and moved away from the London area ...........

All protest and demonstrations have been banned and refused permission ...........

And 5,000 police will enforce section 60 of the Criminal Justice Act 1996 which grants the right of 'stop and search' and instant arrest .........

Sounds like not too many 'peaceful demonstrators are going to be granted their HR today  ............   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-29 14:28:44 |Display all floors

Human rights ?

Depends on how much power and money the human in question has.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-4-29 15:37:10 |Display all floors

?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-29 17:04:42 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2011-4-29 16:13
But you two scatterbrains are safe in cyberspace and possibly thousands of klicks away from Buckingham Palace, so what's your beef?

Says  ..................

"Sh1t for Brains" seneca ....................      

Beef .............. ?

More like cow when you say it  ........     

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-29 22:54:17 |Display all floors

My Fox News .........

31 arrested in pre-emptive raids  ..............

Scotland Yard has stressed there was no specific terror threat but sources told Sky News officers are concerned about activities by anarchist groups ahead of the big day -- and they carried out preemptive raids on squats in London on Thursday morning, in which 20 were arrested.

And did I say so earlier  ..........   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-30 04:10:01 |Display all floors

Well this is kind of funny

Radical Muslim group cancels royal wedding protest amid terrorism fears
The radical group Muslims Against Crusades have cancelled their protest at the Royal Wedding claiming the event is a terrorist target.

The group played a similar publicity game to that of their associates, Islam4UK, which announced and then cancelled a protest at servicemen's funerals at Wootton Bassett.

Anjem Choudary, who says many of the protesters are his “pupils”, stirred up further concerns by saying he had told the group to cancel the protest because of the “high likelihood of an attack” by Muslims on the wedding parade.

He advised all Muslims to stay away from central London, the buses and the Tube, adding: “The security implications of a large gathering means there is always potential for an operation.”

Mr Choudary, who has led a succession of radical groups including al-Muhajiroun, said he would not be carrying out any attack personally but added: “Whether I associate myself or dissociate myself, you still have to deal with it.”

He said the threat was not from dissident Irish republican but from “those that don’t believe in a covenant of security that are franchised to al-Qaeda or mujahideen [holy fighters].”

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-30 07:26:20 |Display all floors
Pre-emptive arrests are planned for demonstrators and activists for the Royal Wedding ........

Nooo   You just ruined the most cherished image I always had about the fairest place on earth where such arbitrariness never even could be supposed that would happen.

Nobel Peace Prize for these heroes

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.