Author: expatter

Censorship protects the censor .............. [Copy link] 中文

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-4-23 11:31:10 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Xizhong163 at 2011-4-23 11:26
Shanghai Truckers Strike
Shanghai Truckers Strike For Third Day, Threatening China's Exports
SHANGHAI - (Melanie Lee and Royston Chan) - Striking truck drivers protested for a third day ...

Boring repeat .........

You have already made a thread of this and ......

BTW ........

What is the source of the article  ........

YAWN ..........   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-23 11:31:22 |Display all floors
Shanghai Truckers Strike

SHANGHAI - (Melanie Lee and Royston Chan) - Striking truck drivers protested for a third day on Friday in Shanghai's main harbor district amid heavy police presence and signs the action has already started to curb exports from the world's busiest container port.

The strike is a very public demonstration of anger over rising consumer prices and fuel price increases in China.

It comes as the government struggles to contain higher inflation, which hit 5.4 percent in March, fearful that rising prices could fuel p rotests like those that have rocked the M iddle East.

A crowd of up to 600 people milled about outside an office of a logistics company near the Baoshan Port, one of the city's ports. Some threw rocks at trucks whose drivers had not joined in the strikes, breaking the windows of at least one truck.

The strikers, many of them independent contractors who carry goods to and from the port, stopped work on Wednesday demanding the government do something about high fuel costs and what some called high fees charged by logistics firms, said the drivers, who clashed with police on Thursday.

China is especially wary about threats to social stability following online calls for M iddle East-inspired      " J a s m i n e    R  e v o l u t i o n "    protests and has detained dozens of  
d i s s i d e n t s , including renowned artist    A i    W e i w e i .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-23 11:31:45 |Display all floors
Where is the news coverage of that event in China ?

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-4-23 11:32:26 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Xizhong163 at 2011-4-23 11:30
The above news does not appear in any prominent Chinese media.
Why "Amazing Bullet Trains" are widely published ?
Why the ambitions and rights of the "WORKING CLASS" (the  ...

In fact the article is so good ..........

It does not have a source  ............   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-23 11:33:33 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Xizhong163 at 2011-4-23 11:31
Shanghai Truckers Strike
SHANGHAI - (Melanie Lee and Royston Chan) - Striking truck drivers protested for a third day ...

Boring repeat .........

You have already made a thread of this and ......

BTW ........

What is the source of the article  ........

YAWN ..........   

Make that X 3 now  ............   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-23 11:38:01 |Display all floors
Sources:

Firstly it is reported on CNN, BBC, Deutsche W elle, etc.

secondly, if you Google, you find thousands of sources instantly.

It happened co-incidentally that I got this source, could have been a hundred others.

But no single Chinese source.

Dude, what is wrong with China ?

h ttp://w ww.huffingtonpost.c om/2011/04/22/china-strike-exports-shanghai-truckers_n_852628.h tml

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-23 11:54:08 |Display all floors
China's state-controlled newspapers ignored the strike, and censors removed reports on the disturbance from Web sites.

Online reports quoted by the Chinese newspaper Economic Observer said that the truckers intended the blockage of the Shanghai ports to last three days.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.