Views: 2624|Replies: 20

US isolationism reason she could not give outright help to China in 1931-1941 [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-4-11 13:18:52 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-11 13:37:14 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-11 17:51:55 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-11 18:28:24 |Display all floors
Originally posted by jinseng at 2011-4-11 13:18
It is sad to see the wartime cooperation and goodwill between America and China undermined by extreme Chinese nationalists and bigots. ...

You forgot to mention that the US did put a trade embargo on Japan in response to invading China.  At the time the US was exporting oil to Japan.  The reason we were attacked in pearl harbor was due to this embargo.

But you're right - it is a shame.  I never knew the chinese hated americans so much.  It's not a feeling that is reciprocated.  Nationalists may point to criticism of China's policies found in our press.  That does not mean there is any ill will towards anyone living in china.  At least not in the eyes of the american public.  Thankfully, the public is blissfully unaware that all the hatred exists towards us from China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-11 18:56:40 |Display all floors
I never knew the chinese hated americans so much.

Do they ?    They do rather a lot of trade with the people they so detest then which seems hypocritical to me.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-11 19:01:54 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-11 19:22:11 |Display all floors
Originally posted by St_George at 2011-4-11 18:56
I never knew the chinese hated americans so much.

Do they ?    They do rather a lot of trade with the people they so detest then which seems hypocritical to me.

Well thats what I thought before coming to this forum.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.