Views: 11725|Replies: 72

A I Q I N G [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-4-8 17:33:25 |Display all floors
The father was treated not differently by China's Communist Party than his famous son Ai weiwei

In 1957 during the Anti-Rightist Movement, he was suspected of   "rightism" and in   1 9 5 8    exiled to farms in   M a n c h u r i  a
and then in   1 9 5 9    transferred to    X i n j i a n g  by the      C o m m u n i s t   authorities. He was not allowed to publish his works
"Return Song" and "Ode to Light"  until he was reinstated in  1 9 7 9 .

More than 20 years he was outlawed by the    C o m m u n i s t    P a r t y .

He was treated unkind for most of his professional life, until he got the deserved recognition as artist.

Same thing is now repeated with his son - until the party will regret it, too.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-8 17:45:29 |Display all floors
What is all this nonsense talk about Ai weiwei's father, who was loved by the   C o m m u n i s t    P a r t y    and the people,
considering that he was send into exile for more than 20 years of his live and he was barred from publishing his art.

This talk is absolute historic rubbish.

It actually exposes the despotic character of the   C o m m u n i s t   P a r t y  even more, in the past and in the present.

[ Last edited by humanlife at 2011-4-8 05:47 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-8 18:00:56 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-8 18:02:35 |Display all floors
Be careful, NE_tigress will beat you up for that statement !

You have just now hurt the feelings of the majority of Chinese people and insulted them, because they respect and love the father  !

You better hide now !

One more reason to believe that you are pretending to be Chinese - but you rather belong to the "Arab Fifth Regiment" in this forum "

[ Last edited by humanlife at 2011-4-8 06:10 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-8 19:19:02 |Display all floors
Ai Qing was a renowned poet who made a significant contribution to the new literary genre of "modern poetry" in China. This style, which was greatly influenced by Western literature, did not emerge until the second decade of the century.

In a career that spanned over 60 years, Ai Qing wrote prolifically, producing over 20 lyrical and narrative poems as well as 1,000 short poems and nearly 200 essays touching upon a broad range of topics from naturalist description to political activism, from empathy with China's poor and their harsh existence to celebration of the Communist cause. He was himself always a radical activist and later an ardent Communist.

Opinions about his poetry vary widely: seemingly welcomed by the masses, he was also severely criticised by the establishment and exiled for 20 years as a rightist. Some of China's young poets accused him of being a political puppet and blocking the way for other styles of poetry and younger poets. But he was held in great respect; as one factory worker once wrote to him: "I don't read much. But I like your poems. I understand what you say in them. I am always moved by your works."

Born Jiang Haicheng in 1910 into a landowning family in Zhejiang province, it was said of Ai Qing that he would be the bearer of misfortune because his mother had undergone a painfully long labour. He was sent away to be nursed, and brought up by a peasant woman so poor she had had to drown her own infant girl in the toilet in order to bring up a rich person's son.

The five years Ai Qing stayed with her had a great impact on his poetry, not only because his first widely acclaimed poem, "Da Yan He" ("My Nurse"), written in 1933, was about her, but also because he inherited from her the passion of a poor peasant for the land. This passion was so intense that it led him to the Maoist revolutionary cause.

Ai Qing had been studying fine art in Paris when the Japanese invasion of north-eastern China caused him to return home. But almost immediately after arriving back in Shanghai he was arrested by police in the French concession for involvement in the activities of the League of Left-wing Artists.

His three years in jail became another important turning-point in his career: he started to write poetry because he was unable to paint in prison. Nonetheless his knowledge of colour and light as well as his ability to catch images contributed tremendously to his writing.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-8 19:21:14 |Display all floors
"empathy with China's poor"

consequently he would have criticized todays "Communist-turn-Capitalist" elite.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-8 20:02:02 |Display all floors

You are a gweilo. What do you know about what's in the mind of Chinese people?

My own grandfather was put into jail for 9 years during the Cultural Revolution, but he had not lost faith in China or CPC for one day, because he knew it was not the fault of the CPC, but only of a couple of bad people.

You will see it was the same with Ai Qing if you read the poems he wrote after he returned from XJ and before he passed away in 1996.  

Compared with his father who had faith in this great country, Wee-wee only has faith in fame and money, for which he does not hesitate to sell his soul to gweilos.  He might be a darling to you, but he is despised by most Chinese people.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.