Views: 8026|Replies: 135

Remember the serene pastor who wanted to burn the Koran? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-4-2 04:28:11 |Display all floors
Well, the hillbilly accomplished to carry out his promise. And you know what he got, besides the 15 seconds of fame?

He gave a motive to a mob of fanatics (like this redneck) in Afghanistan to kill eight foreign employees of the UN after their protests.

The Christian pacifist Terry Jones supervised the burning of the book in front of a crowd of about 50 people at an obscure church in Florida on Sunday, according to his website.

The Koran burning was denounced by Hamid Karzai, the Afghan president, and Pakistan's President Ali Zardari.

Thousands of demonstrators marched through western Herat city and around 200 in Kabul to protest against the same incident, but there was no violence at either demonstration.

Does it worth seeking notoriety at the expense of someone else’s lives?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-2 07:25:30 |Display all floors
Do you think killing people over some nutty preacher burning a book is an appropriate response?

Its just a book.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-2 19:41:11 |Display all floors
just a book
?

Well, I respect your point of view but I have a rule with me that I deem it so obvious, that I suppose in fact everyone agrees.

Just the difference lies in "how much" each agrees to follow it.

The rule is: never do to others what you do not want others do to you.  

What would you do if by chance someone a book that for you is invaluable, say, the photo album of your family.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-3 01:10:28 |Display all floors
Its never worth killing people over it.   How does that even make sense?  Religion is supposed to make you a better person.  Its incidences like this is why there is lslamophobia.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-3 01:32:35 |Display all floors
In this affair, without a doubt the redneck has all the guilt

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-3 01:38:43 |Display all floors
Originally posted by GoChina888 at 2011-4-3 01:32
In this affair, without a doubt the redneck has all the guilt

How do you figure?  He didn't kill anyone.  He's just another nutbag.  Not deserving of this type of response.  These people should just be ignored.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-3 02:12:00 |Display all floors
It is still some hypocrisy of yours since to have a soft position related to this redneck. In fact, he has not offended any symbol for which you or other Americans love.

I do not remember when some American flag was burned, if anyone commented about some colored cloth that was burning.

I would like to see what the reaction would have if the U.S. Constitution  set on fire or if someone knock down the Statue of Liberty.

Following the same line of thinking that you exposed before, someone can say that burning the U.S. Constitution would be burning a few sheets of paper and knock down the Statue would just be a cheap way to amass some cement or copper.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.