Author: GoChina888

Remember the serene pastor who wanted to burn the Koran? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-4-3 02:37:58 |Display all floors
Exactly.  All things not worth taking a life for.  I'm not saying no oneshould be angry.  But killing people?  Material things can be replaced.  Lives cannot.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-3 02:51:01 |Display all floors
I or you may not agree with their reaction, but their reaction signals to the values ​​of their culture and everybody must respect even not agreeing.

So, hope the West does not continue to provoking them with cheap taunt as was the case of the cartoons on the Danish newspaper.

If they do not like Allah drawn, let's respect their wish. It won't add some point to democracy if the westerners insist to draw the character just to tease them.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-3 03:01:55 |Display all floors
we still have to state: It was not "the West" that burnt the Quran, but one foolish Pastor.

These cartoons were also drawn by only one person, yet we have to state that he had many supporters. I'm against these cartoons, however we have to say that not "Allah" was depicted there (Allah can't be depicted), but Muhammad.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-3 03:16:38 |Display all floors
Sorry my mistake but it did not invalidate my point of view.

If they do not want their religious idols drawn, the remaining societies around the world must respect their rules.

And I referred to the West in a general sense because by hypothesis if an islamic carry out some attack against western interests, it would be the same. You would only take notice in media headlines: "islamic terrorists" .

Not depicting the nationality in the headline. Just in the midst of the content.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-3 03:31:19 |Display all floors
Originally posted by GoChina888 at 2011-4-3 03:16
Sorry my mistake but it did not invalidate my point of view.

If they do not want their religious idols drawn, the remaining societies around the world must respect their rules.

And I referre ...

Why should we respect their rules?  Does any other people in the world demand the world to respect their culture?

Look at this forum.  Where is all this respect given to others?

They need to grow up and stop whining like a bunch of girls.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-3 03:41:52 |Display all floors
Well.... where do the zealous Chinese "patriots" here in the forum respect religious people's feelings?
I agree that religious beliefs should be respected, but those who demand this should give a good example.

You would only take notice in media headlines: "islamic terrorists" .
!slamic terrorists, yes. Those who carry out attacks are terrorists, and those whose motivation is !slam (or a wrongly understood !slam), can be called "!slamic terrorists". Such as this foolish Pastor can be called a "fanatic Christian".
But not all Musl!ms are terrorists, and not all Christians are fanatics.

Not depicting the nationality in the headline. Just in the midst of the content.
sorry, what do you mean?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-3 04:04:36 |Display all floors
Originally posted by JFenix at 2011-4-3 03:31

Why should we respect their rules?  Does any other people in the world demand the world to respect their culture?

They need ...

Does any other people in the world demand the world to respect their culture?

Yes. It is a basic rule on mutual understanding between people with different culture background.

You are kidding since electing this forum or akin space as a standard of interaction. Such spaces are dominated by spats motivated by politics and religions. CD is basically ideological-dominated quarrels.
I am talking in a broader sense  

whining like a bunch of girls.

whining…yeah…I like this term because we can employ it when our rivals complain e.g., when Geithner talks about the currency issues. That’s exactly the term I use to refer to Geithner

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.