Views: 1734|Replies: 14

UN declares Action and Gadaffi a Cease-Fire ......... [Copy link] 中文

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-3-18 22:28:02 |Display all floors
Gadaffi has declared a cease-fire after encompassing UN resolutions allowed all and any action other than occupation ........

Having witnessed Bosnia and Iraq and how it made civil war using an army impossible within a country ........

Is the slippery old tyrant going to turn Benghazi into a civil war zone using people (soldiers) in civvies outside of UN mandate now ........ ?

Or is he just rolling over ........  ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-3-18 22:30:13 |Display all floors
Originally posted by expatter at 2011-3-18 22:28
Gadaffi has declared a cease-fire after encompassing UN resolutions allowed all and any action other than occupation ........

Having witnessed Bosnia and Iraq and how it made civil war using an  ...

He's rolling over.

I don't understand tho how Bosnia and Iraq are anywhere alike tho.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-3-18 22:32:39 |Display all floors
Originally posted by JFenix at 2011-3-18 22:30
He's rolling over.
I don't understand tho how Bosnia and Iraq are anywhere alike tho.

Oh ..........

Could be my fault ........

I thought the UN put air cover over Bosnia and changed the situation on the ground ........

And nothing to do with who was right or wrong but just how it changed the balance ..........

Please advise ..........

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-3-18 22:33:12 |Display all floors

Oops ........

Or was that Kosovo ........... ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-3-18 22:34:03 |Display all floors

But did Kosovo exist as an independent nation ........ ?

Now I am confused ............  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-3-18 22:39:08 |Display all floors
Originally posted by expatter at 2011-3-18 22:32

Oh ..........

Could be my fault ........

I thought the UN put air cover over Bosnia and changed the situation on the ground ... ...

From what I remember, they were all ground wars from the beginning.  There was also an UN arms embargo.  Talk to anyone living there at the time and the joke is that the only thing that changed was the price.

There were many plunders in the balkans, but still a much different situation than iraq.  Bosnia and Kosovo drew several hundred mujahideen during the war.  In iraq, they came in the thousands.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-3-18 22:48:06 |Display all floors

No .........

I just Googled it .........

It was Kosovo ........

The UN placed an air cover zone on the territory and basically bombed anything which looked like a Bosnian army presence  .......

And true to the Yanks it included farmers on tractors ...........   

Or collateral damage  ...........  

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.