Author: DanseMacabre

Rural children should shun university? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-3-20 16:21:02 |Display all floors
Originally posted by 468259058 at 2011-3-20 10:32

I think double sticks is clever.

What you think doesn't matter 'coz it has diminished in value.

This logic is right. But is it relevant to the topic? Shouldn't we fight for the social equality as the past?

What a crying shame that you failed to see its RELEVANCE to the topic !  What I wrote is about FACTS of life and what here we are discussing, albeit only a part of it !

So, you want to fight social equality?  What do you take to fight that ?

Your LOUD BLARING or your "ASSUMED" right?  

What have you done to earn your social equality ?

Let us read the words of Congress member Wangping again.

Thanks.  They are very informative and just like what I had guessed were the problems and the reasons for her suggesions.  Don't you think so ?

Why don't you encourage the village children to study in college?

I would encourage all village children to pursue college education if their families can well afford to send them.  If their families are poor and can't afford to send them to college, I will ask them to take the pragmatic decision and do something else, something more useful and appropriate for themselves and for their families.  For someone of college age, they are not children anymore.  They are mature adolescents and should have been through enough education to be able to decide and think sensibly.  If China's condition, at present, is not conducive for college studies for the poor, then QUIT it !

Make your own decisions.  There is no need to always rely on your parents and burden them financially; no need to be a cry baby over an imperfect system.  I have known of many Chinese who did not have a college education and yet they fare exceeding well in their career and are living very well in China.  They are ordinary people and have no ties with the big shots or the "corrupt" officials whom you are fond of assaulting.
永垂不朽

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-3-20 16:33:16 |Display all floors
Originally posted by 468259058 at 2011-3-20 10:48
e.g.

the way to handle the first problem.

As a National Congress member,
She shouldn't accept the the wrong doings in the present system of tertiary education if she know the wrong doing ...

Maybe, you can give suggestions of your own if what you think the Congress member's "shouldn't do" and "should do" are wrong?

永垂不朽

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-3-20 18:14:41 |Display all floors
Originally posted by chopsticks11 at 2011-3-20 07:24

Absurd logic ?  I think the one who daren't face the real issue is YOU !

Why pay such high tuition fee ?  The high tuition fee will go towards payin ...

Very clever of you to dodge the bullets.

1. I am the one who dare not face the real issue? Please tell me why.

2. It's true you have to pay all these stuff, but read my lips: "Why is the fee so high?"

3. Care to answer my question first? (The answer is there for us to see: it's the "Chinese government". You are so frightened of your government, even if it forced your mother and sisters to become ###s, you wouldn't even utter a single protestation?)

4. No one is denying your past. But lumping these two completely unrelated issues together just shows how unsound your logic is.
We are all prisoners of our own device.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-3-20 19:28:40 |Display all floors
Double sticks is really clever..hahaa..

High tuition:
Before the education reform in the late 1990s, Chinese student didn't need to pay the present high tuition. They can easily finish their tertiary education.
Some government advisors said the low tuition actually harm the village children because these city children can escape from the high tuition. College would redistribute the tuition to the village children if college collected the high tuition from all of students.
source: finance.sina.com.cn/review/20060428/12022539063.shtml

However, in reality:
Originally posted by 468259058 at 2010-12-15 15:27
2.Bureaucracy
similiar like other fields, Bureaucractic is rooted in education field.
money is spent on project beautifying school grounds and for administrators to travel, rather than on salaries of faculty (though there are notable exceptions). Also, anyone who has worked in Chinese education for very long notices that top school administrators and the Party members all drive very fancy cars, yet it’s widely known that their salaries could not possibly permit them to buy such vehicles.
The curriculum are mandated by bureaucrats, equally lacking in dedication. Most colleges don't teach students much of survival skills.  most colleges don't teach students much of survival skills. They study politics and economy, and most of these courses have little relevance to real life. ...

source: bbs.chinadaily.com.cn/viewthread.php?gid=2&tid=652323&page=6&extra=page%3D2

a living shelter in city:
Before the housing reform in the late 1990s, College graduates usually easily rented government-owned apartments, less square meters or more.

Now high ranking government officials can't afford the price of apartments with their salaries in the markets, let alone the college graduates.

Okay as you have said it's a imperfect system.

Would you be bold enough to say sth on how to impove the imperfect system? or just as the past, you only suggestted the village children accept the fate which the present imperfect system imposed on them?

From my experience, even under the imperfect education system,
small as an individual, I can easily earn at least double the averaged income in capital city of Shandong province, earn much more than most of the migrant workers from villages.
Large as a nation, College education is one way for the individual to contribute more to our nation.  

Originally posted by 468259058 at 2011-3-12 09:40
Your teachers are right. (Equality and Human rights)
We show respect to them as human being. We shouldn't discriminate any guy because of the difference of race, gender, ethnics, etc. All of us should have basic human rights, such as earning enough of food.

Chinese mothers are right. (Realize your self worth)
What will we do in this round of life journey? Eat full, Enjoy full, ...That's enough. Whether you are an astronomical scientist or a sweeper.
I don't think so. We always show more respects to those who contribute more to the civilization of human being. Of course they would have more opportunities to win more returns for their contribution, or would realize their self worth, a trace in the Chronicles or material returns....

Again, I wish more and more Chinese get tertiary education, whether city children or village children. Maybe their family members suffer more now in the imperfect system. But they struggle for their deams now and have the hope of a brighter future for their family. Probably another more astronomical scientist come and a less sweeper go for our nation.

[ Last edited by 468259058 at 2011-3-20 07:33 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-3-20 19:56:16 |Display all floors
Originally posted by chopsticks11 at 2011-3-20 16:21

What you think doesn't matter 'coz it has diminished in value.

What a crying shame that you failed to see its RELEVANCE to the topic !  What I wrote i ...

By the looks of it, you seem to be disdained by the fondness of "assaulting corrupt officials".

Then I shall refrain from engaging in any further debate or discussion with some one who condones corruption.

Good day.
We are all prisoners of our own device.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-3-20 20:26:58 |Display all floors
Again, I wish more and more Chinese get tertiary education, whether city children or village children. Maybe their family members suffer more now in the imperfect system. But they struggle for their deams now and have the hope of a brighter future for their family. Probably another more astronomical scientist come and a less sweeper go for our nation.

Personally, I believe right the contrary: IMHO, too many young Chinese visit universities. Many students don't find a decent job and vocational education is lacking behind. Instead of pushing everyone into universities, where they receive an often rather modest education if they're not good students and go to a good university, Chinese government should rather focus on developing vocational education.
If someone doesn't like studying but is really talented in fixing things, why not educate him to be a mechanic and fix cars? Or cutting hair? Or building houses?

However, I am perfectly aware of the cultural problem in China: all parents want their children to be great and receive a decent education to be on top of the society. Therefore, not many parents foster their children's talents but rather push them to study hard and consider them to have failed if they don't receive good marks.
This must change in China if the country wants to be prosperous and if people want to be happy. Not everyone can lead a multinational corporation. But everyone can find happiness if he or she does what he or she likes to do. And Chinese economy growths faster like this, too, because people work much harder if they work for what they love.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-3-20 20:50:56 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Everynowhere at 2011-3-20 20:26
too many young Chinese visit universities. Many students don't find a decent job
Agree. Although the government vowed to increase the development of the high profits industries a few years ago, Supplies still >demands. Many of Chinese companies are actually factries. They need less design & research.

and vocational education is lacking behind. Instead of pushing everyone into universities, where they receive an often rather modest education if they're not good students and go to a good university, Chinese government should rather focus on developing vocational education.
If someone doesn't like studying but is really talented in fixing things, why not educate him to be a mechanic and fix cars? Or cutting hair? Or building houses?

Yes, the lack of vocational education is one of the present education problems. The supplies of blue-collar workers probably < demands in market.

But all of the above is another topic. Here the Congress member, Wangping, suggested that village children better work in villages and discourage them to dwell in cities, especially not come to metropolis.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.