Author: oddlyenough

The China's ill and freaky power industry [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-2-8 16:12:43 |Display all floors

What shocking thing is

the debt-rate of some major power producers have gone to a horrible level, beyond 100% or even 120% above. viability of those enterprises don't rely one their revenue and profit but just almost completely rely on borrowing money (bank loan, bond and IPO), abhor!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-2-8 16:17:45 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Everynowhere at 2011-2-8 16:12
For the 70 percent: look at the statistical year book 2009 of the CBS. It states that 68,7 percent of electrical power used in 2009 was generated by coal plants. This is roughly 70 percent.

I do ...

thing has gone incurable mess and malignant cycle, just like a malignant cancer

it is impossible for rulers don't know those  dad-burned situation, the reality is there is nobody who is capable to tackle this long-existing crisis

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-2-8 16:22:38 |Display all floors
The problem and the crisis are not in just this segment caused and dominated by big state-owned Giants, but throughout  whole major national economic domain. those enterprises under abnormal system background reflect failure side of social and industrial reform movement.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-2-8 16:31:34 |Display all floors
It is amazingly to know that most of the bosses of those groups are former middle or high-rank government officers, it is a shame for those to be installed in positions that they are incapable to handle in a good manner.  middle-rank or high-rank government officers are not specialized corporation CEOs. beyond people's understanding, why those unqualified persons are selected and installed in those vital positions related national industrial and social lifeline?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-2-8 16:51:15 |Display all floors
beyond people's understanding, why those unqualified persons are selected and installed in those vital positions related national industrial and social lifeline

Because they are well-connected and have strong interpersonal skills. I don't think they are unqualified to lead.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-2-8 16:56:32 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Everynowhere at 2011-2-8 16:51

Because they are well-connected and have strong interpersonal skills. I don't think they are unqualified to lead.

not bunch of crabs?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-2-8 18:00:22 |Display all floors
not bunch of crabs?

No - look, if you can work your way up on top of any society, you're certainly qualified to lead.

The prolbem is much more the macroeconomic structure! If you come to me and tell me you give me as much credit as I want for a very low interest rate, I'll also take up a lot of credits and grow my business by credit growth - that's the rational choice. These leaders are in the same situation like american consumers before the financial crisis: they can get much more money than they can actually back up with their assets.

I know, many people like to blame the financial crisis on the bank or on company leaders or so... but in fact, both, the credit bubble in China and in the USA are caused by misregulation - thus by the government.

That's why I'm calling for a more efficient credit market in China.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.