Views: 18788|Replies: 52

New Zealand is the most racist of the Anglo countries   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-1-14 18:55:13 |Display all floors
Among the Anglo/British countries,   the white British countries are particularly racist.  

In the racist white British countries, the racist British people persistently look down on Asians.

In New Zealand, only 2% to 3% of all the Chinese men ever get married to white New Zealand girls.

Australia is slightly better, 3% to 4% of all the Chinese men get married to white Australian girls ( Australia is less British, there are a lot of white Australian girls whose parents were Italians, Greeks…)

America is ten times less racist towards Asians than New Zealand since over 20% of all the Chinese men get married to white American girls ( America is even less British,   there are a lot of white American girls whose ancestors are not white British,  their white ancestors came from Germany, Sweden, Italy, Russia…).

Obviously, the white Anglo/British countries tend to be more racist towards Asian people,  particularly the white British countries,   and New Zealand is the most racist of all the white British countries for us Chinese people.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-14 19:42:47 |Display all floors
Jon the helpless hapless Chines Pity Party

it helps one raise their non-existent self-esteem
The Brotherhood of Knights of the Mystic Sea

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-14 20:12:50 |Display all floors
Originally posted by blueskies88 at 2011-1-14 19:42
Jon the helpless hapless Chines Pity Party

it helps one raise their non-existent self-esteem

We must not give up.

We have to keep fighting for our fundamental rights.

After all,  China will have 5 times the financial and industrial power of America within 10 years.  

China should then have 5 times the political and military power of America.

As Martin Jacques said in his book,  China will rule the world.   

Except that Martin Jacques had no idea of the speed of economic development in China.   It will happen much sooner than he seems to think.   

Martin Jacques probably believes all the Chinese government lies about China being still very poor and backwards!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-14 20:14:12 |Display all floors
Chinese should be free to be as racist as other racists, yes, I think so, it is their right
The Brotherhood of Knights of the Mystic Sea

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-20 13:10:31 |Display all floors
Originally posted by chinanumber1 at 2011-1-14 18:55
New Zealand is the most racist of all the white British countries for us Chinese people.  ...

So that explains the Chinese behavior in Auckland a couple of years ago. They were only being racist ... oops ...defensive & violent ...oops ... defensive, in an organised, large group protest, because they felt that NZ "is the most racist of all the white British countries".

One NZ person's point of view to follow in next posts.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-21 05:58:26 |Display all floors
I'm a little confused by the fact that you have accused New Zealanders of being the 'most racist of Anglo countries' by the percentage of white men that marry Asian women.  A little strange perhaps?  

I think you only need to look at the data around how many Chinese students go to NZ to study, or how many Chinese become NZ citizens each year that would tell you otherwise.  Or even, and god help me for even suggesting this, talk with some of the Chinese that have lived/currently live in NZ about their experience.  

Before making blind accusations like this, I think it would be wise to first reflect on China's attitude towards other races/cultures.  How Chinese view black people would be a good place to start.  

FYI, I am a New Zealand woman married to a Chinese man.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-5-24 08:39:33 |Display all floors

Stereotyping

By boldly stating that "New Zealand is the most racist of the Anglo countries", you are making an unfounded assumption. I am a Chinese New Zealander and have spent most of my early childhood days in China. Chinese is also my first language.

How can you be certain that New Zealand, a population of 6 million, is the most racist nation when you have not lived in ALL the English speaking countries in the world? Even by stroke of chance that you have completed that feat, how can you make accusations when you are basing your argument on tenuous statistical data and, perhaps anecdotal evidences alone? Like the poster above mentioned, your statistical reference is utterly absurd. Perhaps you may wish to consider that less inter - racial marriages occur simply because Chinese as an ethnicity group is still a minority in New Zealand?

Don't get me wrong, I have experienced plenty of prejudice in this country for being who I am. People have, in the past, approached me to speak in that contrive, solemn monotone just because I appear to be anything but white. It amazes me that the colour of my skin should bear any consequence before I even have the chance to open my mouth. Sure, prejudice definitely exists in NZ. But doesn't it exist in any society community?

I was born in Jinan and moved to Shanghai when I was 6. Our family faced mockery from the locals just because we spoke Chinese with a slight Northern dialect. That surely qualifies as prejudice in my book. I think the important thing is to approach this matter with a light heart. There are oblivious/ignorant/vulgar/uneducated civilianss in all corners of the world and they are those individuals who content themselves with judging based on colour because doing so is the only way to make them feel superior and important.

I find, literally, laughing out loud to be the best solution and know that racism is a pedestrian, but inevitable part of life.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.