Views: 4380|Replies: 9

Fake student ID boom for holidays [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-1-11 15:19:08 |Display all floors
Fake student identity cards are thriving as people look to ways to get cheap travel during the Spring Festival holidays, the Beijing Daily reported on Monday.

Counterfeit card dealers are ing the faux cards in Beijing for 20 yuan ($3) in a bid to cash in on the busy travel season from Jan 19 to Feb 27.

Cards carrying the magnetic strip cost an additional 50 yuan, but that didn’t seem to bother some travelers. “That’s not expensive, as I can still save more than 100 yuan for my train tickets,” said a graduate surnamed Jin, who just bought a fake card.

The cards have become popular with many believing they will get tickets home for the holidays for half price as well discounted admission tickets to scenic spots.

But staff at a train station in Beijing are warning customers they will not be able to buy discounted tickets with the fake cards as the real name of the school, student and travel time will be shown when the card is swiped.

Student tickets will also undergo special checks during the Spring Festival travel season, according to the report. In addition to paying the whole price of the ticket, people who use fake cards will also be fined 50 percent of the ticket price.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-11 15:28:02 |Display all floors
Originally posted by RSSJCC at 2011-1-11 15:19
Fake student identity cards are thriving as people look to ways to get cheap travel during the Spring Festival holidays, the Beijing Daily reported on Monday.

Counterfeit card dealers are ing ...

You should look like a student if you want to buy cheap ticket.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-11 17:19:58 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cindy1225 at 2011-1-11 15:28

You should look like a student if you want to buy cheap ticket.

your face can betray you though

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-12 11:20:52 |Display all floors
genius

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-13 15:06:52 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2011-1-12 12:28

For boys that means to grow a beard, goatie or a moustache but most Chinese boys fall out of the race in this discipline.

Anyway, French students in the 1980s were recognisable by the cars ...

you know a lot! you can speak French, right?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-14 14:39:30 |Display all floors
it's ok
we want ways to save money

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-14 15:21:50 |Display all floors
I did this when i was college student. Comparing to the cheat in examination, personally, the behavior is nothing with morality.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.