Author: 1584austin

What do Mainlanders really think about Hong Kongers? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-1-12 19:07:50 |Display all floors

Japanese

Japanese look down on all Asian: Chinese, Korean, Indian, all other non-white.  They look up to the whites.  
Is it logical?  Why?
Watch your thoughts, for they become words.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-12 21:17:53 |Display all floors
I look down upon people who discuss nationality and ethnicity rather than personality. I mean really... do you look down upon anyone because of his or her nationality or admire anyone because of it?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-12 21:34:44 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Everynowhere at 2011-1-12 10:47 PM
I look down upon people who discuss nationality and ethnicity rather than personality. I mean really... do you look down upon anyone because of his or her nationality or admire anyone because of it?

This is a true story:  I met this South Korean Woman few years back.  She was married to a white Aussie.
She admitted to me that she was S. Korean.  However, she would tell people that she was Japanese.  
Why?  She told me that she would be treated better if she was Japanese.  Go figure!  WTF!    
Watch your thoughts, for they become words.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-12 21:37:59 |Display all floors
Well, that's true, I've ever been to a japanese restaurant, but they were all talking korean. I've asked them, why they don't open a korean restaurant and they've answered that Japan was far more famous.
I would love to have a korean restaurant somewhere around here and so would many others...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-13 02:19:08 |Display all floors
Well, my girlfriend is from Hong Kong, and her main issue with the mainland Chinese is that they openly spit and cough...She finds it extremely rude and disgusting.

This is probably one of the reasons that the mainlanders may feel looked down on, but something should really be done about 'social hygiene'. Not coughing in people's faces would probably be a step in the right direction :S

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-13 02:24:48 |Display all floors
Originally posted by andr0078 at 12-1-2011 11:07
Japanese look down on all Asian: Chinese, Korean, Indian, all other non-white.  They look up to the whites.  
Is it logical?  Why?

The younger generation of western nations actually look up to Japan more. It's more of a pop culture thing...Anime, Manga etc. They love it (maybe a bit too much at times)

The US has it's pop groups but Japan has a culture to offer, and people like it.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2011-1-13 06:45:08 |Display all floors
No Western Nation Looks Up At Japan....Most think they are cruel people, who are not as smart as the Chinese.....
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.