Views: 2368|Replies: 14

Obama: Congresswoman's Shooting 'A Tragedy' [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-1-9 08:27:03 |Display all floors
Saturday January 08, 2011

President Obama says the shooting of US Democratic congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords is a "tragedy for our entire country".

Mrs Giffords was shot in the head during an event in Tucson, Arizona and is in a critical condition in hospital.

Earlier there had been reports she died as a result of her injuries but a doctor at University Medical Centre confirmed she was alive and was "very optimistic of recovery".

President Obama said a nine-year-old girl and a federal judge had died.

Surgery on the congresswoman has finished and she is in intensive care.

She was shot at point blank range in the head and airlifted to hospital.

Dr Peter Rhee, one of the doctors who treated Mrs Giffords, said the bullet had travelled through her brain.

Ten more people have been injured, five are in a critical condition.

President Obama confirmed "some" have died in the attack and Mrs Giffords was "gravely wounded".

He called the shooting an "unspeakable tragedy" and a "senseless and terrible act".

The gunman is now in police custody in Arizona and has been named by sources as 22-year-old Jared Loughner.

The congresswoman was holding an event called 'Congress on Your Corner' outside a supermarket and had earlier tweeted for her constituents to attend.

Eyewitness Andrea Gooden told Fox News around 15 shots were fired.

"I heard about 15 shots consecutively and quickly after that there were people racing across the parking lot to the nearby store," she said.

"I was working across the street...there was an immediate response and within a minute the sheriff and firefighters were on the scene."

Ms Giffords was re-elected to the House of Representatives in the US elections in November, focusing on immigration reform, military issues, stem call research and alternative energy.

The 40-year-old is married to NASA shuttle commander Mark Kelly who commanded the final scheduled shuttle flight in April.
No Virgin Girl in America

American can not live without SEX.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-9 08:51:14 |Display all floors

Tucson shooting

Main article: 2011 Tucson shooting

On January 8, 2011, Giffords was shot in the head outside a Safeway grocery store in northwest Tucson during her first "Congress on Your Corner" gathering of the year. At least nine others were injured when a man ran up to the crowd and began firing.] She was taken to the University Medical Center in Tucson for emergency surgery.[24] She has since been reported to be responding to doctors' commands. The suspect, identified as Jared Loughner, was caught by a bystander and was taken into police custody.

Media sources noted that Giffords was one of the U.S. Congresspersons whom Sarah Palin, a former candidate for Vice President of the U.S., had placed on a "target map" using images of gun sights.

==========================

It seems as if Jared is an American revolutionary and a US Marine. Maybe the brainwashing in the Marine Corps went a bit too far!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-9 08:55:10 |Display all floors

More details emerge about Jared Loughner!

It seems as if this this guy opened up to the universe of reality, rejecting the brainwashing imprisonment of the USA citizenry.

His favorite Books as listed on his Youtube Channel:

I had favorite books: Animal Farm, Brave New World, The Wizard Of OZ, Aesop Fables, The Odyssey, Alice Adventures Into Wonderland, Fahrenheit 451, Peter Pan, To Kill A Mockingbird, We The Living, Phantom Toll Booth, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, Pulp,Through The Looking Glass, The Communist Manifesto, Siddhartha, The Old Man And The Sea, Gulliver's Travels, Mein Kampf, The Republic, and Meno.

Interests:

My favorite interest was reading, and I studied grammar. Conscience dreams were a great study in college!

youtube.com/profile?feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_564778&user=Classitup10#p/a/f/0/3L1lsLU-kUw

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-9 19:41:31 |Display all floors

FINGERS pointing...

the 3 parties are pointin finger at each other now...it's a huge mess in congress right now (what a shame)  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-10 01:10:26 |Display all floors
Originally posted by youknowhat at 2011-1-9 06:41
the 3 parties are pointin finger at each other now...it's a huge mess in congress right now (what a shame)  

Actually, everything that I have heard from congress on this issue is solidarity. As to every other issue, they are in disagreement.

Even the politicians, or should I say especially the politicians, who called on "second amendment remedies" and "putting opponents in the crosshairs" during election time have come out against the violence. Now my personal belief is that they are afraid of being accused as having some responsibility in this matter, as the mentally unstable are easily influenced by rhetoric, and seek to distance themselves from their own words stated only months ago.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-10 01:39:01 |Display all floors

she does someone's harm...

Originally posted by cbcronin at 2011-1-9 09:10

Actually, everything that I have heard from congress on this issue is solidarity. As to every other issue, they are in disagreement.

Even the politicians, or should I say especially the politi ...

previously to this mishave event she got her office door shattered, and someone believes that the tea party has answered to her wish but you're korrect people dont just react for nothin  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-10 04:54:22 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Kbay at 2011-1-9 19:25
This place called the USA is so violent, no way will I want to live there!

Crazy, Anglo psychotics obsessed with world domination-just like certain white, European country in 1930s!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.