Author: leokun

Adult children must visit parents regularly by law   [Copy link] 中文

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-1-19 10:31:23 |Display all floors

1. Is Chinese fighting each other for centuries considered "unity" ?

1. "Is Chinese fighting each other for centuries considered "unity" ?" chopsticks11 asked.

For example: Both KMT and CPC as Chinese groups united to fighted against the same enemy Japan while they were fighting agaist each other from different idealogies in how to save China.
Different parties and cliques in present U.K., U.S., Japan and many other countries often fight agaist each other through types of political ways while Each of them in one country united as one defend their countries's benefits.

[ Last edited by 468259058 at 2011-1-19 11:17 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-19 10:40:43 |Display all floors

2. Not only that your people are NOT ready for democracy

2. chopsticks11 got a conclusion: "Not only that your people are NOT ready for democracy and important decision making."
I think here NOT in the capital letters for emphasizing.

Do you consider ordinary Chinese as Black people in U.S., and present officials and the rich entrepreneur are white people? It's not ready for the voice represented by luthur King's "I have a dream" and the following legislation reforms.
or China is still in medieval age; It's not ready for Chinese people enjoy modern time's democracy and important decision making.

You have said China is already a "an economic (super)power. "  I guess it's not economic factor from your perspective. Can you share the reason with us?

Is it because "Second part, please don't compare China with the West.  You are two different species. "

What's the specific difference from your perspective? Chinese are human being while the west are not? or the contrary?

[ Last edited by 468259058 at 2011-1-19 11:22 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-19 11:17:45 |Display all floors

3. "Object what? he didn't answer."

3. "Object what? he didn't answer." chopsticks11 stressed more than once.

What type of present policy makers are?
For example: The family members of Stock market policy makers are also the one of stock market speculators.
For example: The family members of Housing market policy makers are also the one of housing market speculators.

People usually made judgements not limited by the only single incident, but most from the exprience. Personally, culture revolution drastically disrupted the care and respect to parents's generation. Rebellious and suspicious reports on provoking words and behaviors of parents against the leaders and government officials are greatly developed in culture revolution period. Without rethinking and learning from the past, without officials's model behaviors, under the heavy filtering and censoring policies, will laws made by officials resume those traditonal Chinese cuture?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-21 00:52:04 |Display all floors
Originally posted by charlotte cai at 2011-1-17 12:21
if there is a compulsory law for Filial piety,maybe it would have effect on giving spirital support to our parents.
But i think Filial piety is an issue of ethics, not related to the law. it depe ...

There will always be the proposition and opposition of mandating behaviours by law.  While the law on filial piety may be intended for children to show spiritual care for their parents, it could also backfire.  Chidlren who feel burdened by the law may vent their angers on the parents.  This would not have a good effect.

So, while you all fear such a law, it could also fail and backfire.  

The important question here is not whether filial piety is an issue of ethics.  It is a question of whether the people still believe it and practise it.  It is also a question of whether it is a value you want to retain.

Based on the feedback I hear in this thread, I can see that everyone wants to visit your parents but would not do so for reasons of work, distance and expensive train tickets.  In short, none of you will visit them regularly.  If filial piety is an issue of ethics, we can easily see where it is going.

For me, I see the law as your government's way of preserving a tradition as well as dealing with an ageing population.  I also sense that the problem of elderly care is not just there but looming.  In fact, it is already a problem in many countries and the Chinese government is learning and dealing with it early.  Smart.
永垂不朽

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-21 01:03:57 |Display all floors

We should have that here in the US

I just read about an old man who died in his apartment from the cold.  He had no electricity, heat or running water.  He was found with little on, died of hypothermia.  

Where were his children?  his family?  How could they let him live this way especially in the winter?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-21 01:26:03 |Display all floors
Originally posted by 468259058 at 2011-1-19 10:31
1. "Is Chinese fighting each other for centuries considered "unity" ?" chopsticks11 asked.

For example: Both KMT and CPC as Chinese groups united to fighted against the same enemy Japan while they were fighting agaist each other from different idealogies in how to save China.  

In your earlier post, you mentioned "thousand years".  Here, your example of KMT and CPC happened only several decades ago.  You are not being consistent.

For me, I won't call the cooperation of KMT and CPC to fight the Japanese "unity".  They have NO CHOICE but to cooperate with each other.  What happened after Japan surrendered ?  They fought each other.

Are you in agreement with the people you called "fake people's representatives" in your government ?  

Different parties and cliques in present U.K., U.S., Japan and many other countries often fight agaist each other through types of political ways while Each of them in one country united as one defend their countries's benefits.

Indeed, you have a point on UK, US and Japan which are countries which practise the western democracy with different political parties.  Incidentally, they are also developed countries and among the richest in the world, if not, the richest.
永垂不朽

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-21 09:44:50 |Display all floors
Originally posted by 468259058 at 2011-1-19 10:40
2. chopsticks11 got a conclusion: "Not only that your people are NOT ready for democracy and important decision making."
I think here NOT in the capital letters for emphasizing.

Do you consider ordinary Chinese as Black people in U.S., and present officials and the rich entrepreneur are white people? It's not ready for the voice represented by luthur King's "I have a dream" and the following legislation reforms.
or China is still in medieval age; It's not ready for Chinese people enjoy modern time's democracy and important decision making.

I don't understand why you see ordinary Chinese as black people and Chinese officials and rich entrepreneur as white people.  I thought Chinese people are all the same colour.  Is that what you see of China's future ?

What is luthur King's dream ?  I do not know.  So, did he fulfill his dream?  Is he black or white?

If your "modern time's democracy" is referring to western democracy of having different political parties to represent the people of the country, my answer is NO.  Calling today’s China medieval is a bit too unfair.  But to say that her people are ready for modern democracy and making important decisions for the country, you have to wait till you have spoken in a united voice.  Use your example of differentiating the ordinary Chinese as black people and the officials and the rich as white people, it is enough to suggest that there is no unity among the Chinese people yet.  So, how can you have a united dream?  What would be the dream of the black Chinese?  What would be the dream of the white Chinese?

You have said China is already a "an economic (super)power. "  I guess it's not economic factor from your perspective. Can you share the reason with us?

It is.  I was referring to China’s economic growth and the influence she wields on the worldwide stage although I wasn’t really sure if it should be considered “super” power.  Maybe not yet.  But definitely, she is an economic power to be reckoned with.

I wrote that in response to your grudge against the “people’s fake representatives” whom I credit as having contributed to China's present growth and development.

Is it because "Second part, please don't compare China with the West.  You are two different species. "

What's the specific difference from your perspective? Chinese are human being while the west are not? or the contrary?

No, no, I am not anti-West or pro-China.  I am merely stating a fact.  Sure, I will give you some fundamental examples.

The West is very TERRITORIAL but China is not.  Has China ever waged a war to attack another country ?  But the West has !  Besides the countless number of small and medium wars (all with unfavourable or very tragic endings to the victim countries), they are the ones who started the 2 great Wars.  Where is China’s record in this respect?

Western men love women like hell !   They will F any women, whether they are black, white, fat and ugly.  Would you (assuming Chinese) willingly offer your man service to a fat, ugly older white woman ?

When a western man marries a Chinese woman, he wants to become a PRC citizen.  If you marry an American woman (assuming you are not after any green card), would you volunteer to join her family and become an American citizen ?

Then, of course, the West loved the rich and powerful people even if they are crooks.  How do you treat your rich and powerful people ?
永垂不朽

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.