Author: leokun

Adult children must visit parents regularly by law   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-1-21 14:39:23 |Display all floors

Reply #69 468259058's post

I repeated more than once.
In reality, Many people struggle for daily living food. If there is law, Either they would have to travel thousands of miles to regularly visit their parents by foot,(Where is the travel fee?) or they break the law. that is to say, many Chinese people can't obey the law if there is such statements in laws under present living condition.

I have requested you to check and find out what the law says.  Since you haven't had the information, let us make do with whatever we have here ......

In my personal view, I think this problem is really not too difficult to solve.  The missing key here is MONEY.

Let's say you have a tycoon or a group of tycoons to pool their funds to help those really poor to travel home.  Wouldn't that have solved your small problems ?

You have tycoons in China ?

I can imagine this is how America will deal with the issue.  Have the rich to set up a trust fund and the poor eligbile can thus apply for assistance.
永垂不朽

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-1-22 10:06:40 |Display all floors

made rules for officials. If it works well, then make it as laws.

I dont want to mention charity reality in present society. But there is one way for this regularly visiting parents.
Let officials be models. Government officials have enough personal financial income to support the travel fee and enough time 5 working-day per week to support the travel time. Maybe One-child policy and far distance is not problem.
So first government made rules for officials. If it works well, then make it as laws.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-23 22:06:07 |Display all floors
Originally posted by leokun at 2011-1-5 15:11
Adult children of elderly parents will be required to visit their parents regularly and must care for their spiritual needs and cannot neglect or isolate them, according to a draft amendment of Chi ...

It's really a serious problem now. Everyone needs to think about it. It's good that the society realized it, but I'm wondering whether it is an approriate way to function by law.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-23 22:53:39 |Display all floors

Hello, chopsticks11, how are you....?

Originally posted by chopsticks11 at 2011-1-21 14:39

I have requested you to check and find out what the law says.  Since you haven't had the information, let us make do with whatever we have here ......

In my personal view, I t ...

Happy Rabbit New Year to you and yours....! Hope you had a pleasant Christmas holiday (if you celebrate it, that is!)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-25 00:46:28 |Display all floors

Thanks, Ganzhuolin

and you too a bountiful Rabbit Year !

It's good to see you back on CD.

Cheers and more cheers !
永垂不朽

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-26 01:08:53 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Judy_Zhu at 2011-1-23 22:06

It's really a serious problem now. Everyone needs to think about it. It's good that the society realized it, but I'm wondering whether it is an approriate way to function by law.

I am glad to read a positive response to the idea of children visiting their parents regularly and appreciating its importance.

Usually the legal means is resorted as the last resort and when the situation is really dire.  Of course, it is not appropriate but the situation could get worse if something is not down soon or immediately.

Perhaps, the law is intended to partially answer your crowded train situation during the spring festival.  Children who could not get the train tickets home will feel less guilty and less unfilial had they not visited their parents regularly.  
永垂不朽

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-26 05:23:55 |Display all floors
Thats just silly. "Oh hi mom, thanks for treating me like ---- all my life. im just here to visit you because they will put me in jail if i dont. kthnxxbai"

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.