Views: 5652|Replies: 16

Beijing is still far from an international city! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-1-4 22:41:10 |Display all floors
Rihgt now, Beijing is on her way to become a international city. As I live in Beijing, I can see huge progress being made everyday, a lot of new skyscraper being built, new subways being developed, and so on. However, I think Beijing still lags far behind her target.

Why? Firstly, Beijing hasn't show enough inclusiveness and tolerance toward different cultures. The official publicity activities of Beijing is all about Peking opera, martial arts or other traditional activities. However, not every foreigner will like traditinal Chinese culture. Most of them would pay more attention to whether they can still enjoy their own culture in an city with more than one thousand year's history.

Secondly, despite the culture inclusiveness, a clear-fingered government with high efficiency plus sound and cheap public
services are necesssary for an international city. As far as I know, Beijing hasn't achieved that yet.

Last but not the least, has Beijing natives been prepared enough to be a resident in an international metropolis? I am afraid not. I often hear some Beijingers complain about the annoying outlanders. Not until most Beijingers are ready for an international city will Beijing herself becomes one.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-5 00:33:24 |Display all floors

Kyongyang

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-5 00:46:39 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengyinliuyong at 2011-1-4 22:41
Rihgt now, Beijing is on her way to become a international city. As I live in Beijing, I can see huge progress being made everyday, a lot of new skyscraper being built, new subways being developed, ...

I think you have no clue about "international cities".

By no means, do I support Chinese fools like you to mess up Beijing.

My question to you: What benefit does it bring to be a Chinglish version "International City"? Do you understand you are called "Chinks" by those from the "International Cities" that you marvel and have no idea about?

[ Last edited by timbatu at 2011-1-5 12:48 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-5 02:39:09 |Display all floors

Ulaanbaatar.

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-5 05:09:10 |Display all floors

not enough room for anybody...

china doesnt even have enough room for herself, and the foreigners just have to wait for next chance  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-5 06:28:08 |Display all floors

mengyinliuyong had an idea, and raised the point.

Jordan C Fan, who is a waste of oxygen, pipes up with some inane drivel
then along comes everyone's favourite fukkwit, Timbukfool with his usual racist rant directed at everyoneelse and youknowhat shows that he knows fukk all about the issue raised by the original posting.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-5 09:51:59 |Display all floors
Originally posted by jordan_c_fan at 2011-1-5 00:33
» Beijing is still far from an international city! »
So how far is Beijing from Tokyo:  910.13 miles.
So how f ...

you win

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.