Views: 3033|Replies: 6

Paralysed Father and Old Granny on 14-year-old's shouders [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-1-4 13:59:58 |Display all floors
Since the age of six, Huang Feng, a girl from Anhui Province, has taken care of her father and grandma on her own for eight years. Her father came down with high paraplegia by an accident. Her mother left the family and remarried, leaving Huang Feng, a six-year-old, the only one less invalid to support the family.

In May, 2008, Huang Fen took her father in a wheeled iron bed for medical treatment in Shanghai. Her grandma also went with them. A kind-hearted driver gave a lift to the three. However, they could not afford the medical services. So Huang Feng begged on the streets. Though she went through a lot of harships there, she never earned enough to meet the payment.

In the next summer, Huang Feng asked the villagers for help, hoping that her father could be transferred to Beijing for further diagnosis. In April of 2010,  again, Huang Feng took him to the capital. A major hospital received the patient, who had been successfully operated on his neural stem cells.

Now Huang Feng is in the first grade of junior school in a town of Anhui Province. But her nursing life still goes on. With the help of the town government, Huang Feng has rented two civilian houses just across her school, where she could look after her father and granny.

Life is not easy for Huang Feng. She gets up at 6 every morning to prepare breakfast for the family. During the break between classes, she has to come back home and turn her father over on the bed, so that he will not get bedsore. In the face of this burden, Huang Feng stays active and optimistic. Her father says that Huang Feng likes singing popular songs, especially when she is cooking and feeding her father. The other day, Huang Feng was crowned as one of the top ten singers at her school.

Talking about the future, Huang Feng says that her biggest wish is to see her father recover. "However difficult life turns out, I should study hard and go to high school and college with him." Huang Feng also expresses her dream to major in nursery and take better care of her father. She wants to repay everyone who has ever helped her and the family, too.

[ Last edited by sharonwong at 2011-1-4 02:17 PM ]
1468366_550x550_0.jpg
1468661_550x550_0.jpg
1468756_550x550_0.jpg
45424635.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-4 14:38:27 |Display all floors
thinking of those who are seriously ill but might never get treated, this man is comparatively fortunate.
children in poor families grow mature earlier than those brought up in comfortable life. I wish her father could recover quickly as possible, so that the girl can pursuit her life too.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-4 15:35:45 |Display all floors
strong-minded girl!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-4 15:53:08 |Display all floors
there are thousands others who are just the same, welfare and medicare are yet to cover people in poorer areas

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-4 16:15:18 |Display all floors
best wishes

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-4 17:29:39 |Display all floors

Chansee

China Daily should make it a little easier for readers, especially those from overseas, who want to help.  I would like to help and I would like more information so that I could publish this story on our local newspaper.  I am sure it can generate a lot of interest to help such a fantastic brave young woman.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-4 17:40:35 |Display all floors
All the best wishes to the family. We should help them. Any channel for us to donate money?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.