Views: 18346|Replies: 40

Happiness Index [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-11-4 10:58:06 |Display all floors
At the beginning of this year,my salary got increase of rmb400 each month.It's really a good news.However,I feel no happy.

If you can touch any media in mainland(whatever paper or internet),you may know following HOT words,

1.dou ni wan(green mung beans,price soaring highly in the first half year;now price increases sharply again)
Green bean is not staple food in China,but obviously it lost its temper from last crop season."dou ni wan" here is kind of teasing all of our common people----playing with you!!
2.suan ni hen(garlic,price has gone crazy up to now )
Garlic is one of the most important spice around world.People need garlic in daily life.But the rocketsoaring price hurt us  sharply----we'd admit that Garlic becomes cold,ruthless,even inhumane.
3.jiang ni jun(ginger,the price fluctuation same as garlic)
Ginger is used as another kind of spice when people cook meals,but now the situation is similar to the game of playing Chinese chess----attack your Commander(your jiang in the chess field).What a big impact !
4.tang gao zong(sugar,goes mad recently)
Tang,also a pun here.Its Chinese meaning is "sugar" or referring to an Empire of Tang Dynasty.Medias or our people make out this phrase---tang gao zong---to express our feelings such as tease,anger,more is "have no other way".

Look around,which thing goes down in price?

Can our salary keep pace with PRICEs?

I am sure there will be more such puns appearing,like mushrooms after a good shower...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-4 11:06:11 |Display all floors
Last month,my boss disclosed a plan of "monthly salary increase"-----

I am expecting it so much~~

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2010-11-4 11:06:28 |Display all floors
sissy boy from Canada strikes again....
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-4 11:08:06 |Display all floors
Originally posted by hardluck2008 at 2010-11-4 10:58
At the beginning of this year,my salary got increase of rmb400 each month.It's really a good news.However,I feel no happy.

If you can touch any media in mainland(whatever  ...

I agree with you. Many people can feel the price hike of commodities. The prices of vegetables, edible oil, rice, flour have soared to such a ligh level that many have to store up at low price. But the salary remains the same.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2010-11-4 11:10:14 |Display all floors
another ghost of the sissy boy
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-4 11:18:27 |Display all floors

Reply #3 snappysammy's post

who's that boy?

I don't think a Canada boy will suffer from high Prices in China

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-4 11:20:50 |Display all floors
Originally posted by snappysammy at 2010-11-4 11:10
another ghost of the sissy boy

are u a ghost,too?

if not,how can you recognise others?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.