Views: 8176|Replies: 13

How can you make your child love reading [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-10-25 06:01:37 |Display all floors
I am a mother with a child of 10 years old. How can I make my child love reading?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-25 08:56:13 |Display all floors
Read with him/her. I'm not a parent but I think that will work. Good luck:)!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-25 11:42:14 |Display all floors
I think that you can reward something to your children ,when they  finished reading .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-25 15:56:25 |Display all floors
depend on yr child is genius in readding or action...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-26 08:37:28 |Display all floors
I started reading book when I was 7 years old. Back then there was nothing much to do at home, my parents bought me encylopedia with disney pictures. The habit of reading was started since then. I am now 23 years old. Have read over 100 non-fiction books. Economics, lots of modern world history, some ancient history, politics, business, science. I could say with confidence that my general knowledge is far superior than any friends that I have met at this age or even older,

I don't know when I was a small kid (starting 7-10), the options that I can do to kill time is very limited. Books is all I have, it is much harder to instill the habit of reading in the age of 24 hour television, video games. My suggestion if you were to instill the habits of reading, it might be a good idea if you start letting them read encylopedia with pictures. Generally reading encylopedia will read to a more curious mind about the world in general. Or you can dictate every certain period of the day must be devoted to reading books.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-26 09:36:41 |Display all floors

#5 You sound like a really very balanced minded person.....

and you are just 23! Congratulations. It's nice to see young people like you with thos good habits.

Personally I love reading and anytime of the day is good to grab a book and relax reading. I am older than you, actually one of our daughters is almost your age, and they have grown pretty curious about the world that surrounds them. Unfortunatelly, as you say, this is a world of technological gadgets like tvs and computers, even now we have tablets with books inside; when I was young there were just the chocolate tablets and the tablets we took when ill!

To the OP, I would say that not forcing the habbit to your child is a first step. Let her/him decide what she/he likes to read. I like the idea of setting a time of the day to read, let's say, after supper, for 1 hour or so.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-26 10:00:55 |Display all floors
I think If parents have good reading habit , their child will be more likely have the virtue.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.