Views: 2993|Replies: 7

Getting near 27, I am still where I was 2 years ago... [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-10-10 17:17:15 |Display all floors
Having graduated from college 2 years ago, taken 3 jobs, and now established my own trading company, I found myself getting close to my 27. when I look at myself in the mirror, I start to ask myself if I get somewhere in my life? The answer is clear----  NO!!!

It is not all about my business that bothers me, I have BIG problem handling relationship with my wife and her parents recently, and it does not seem to stop any time soon, in fact, I find it impossible to get along with them as time passes by.  

My wife tells me to tolerate her parents' bad temper just because parents are parents, whatever they did is right!  I thought I could at least pretend to get along with them on surface, but I was wrong. I had a quarrel with my wife several days ago,and her parents started to worry about my loyalty to them and their daughter and how long our marriage could last.  They do not show it on their face but I can sense it anyway. Now the quarrel is over, still her parents treat me differently.  Most of the time there is no conversation between me and them, I know it could only make things worse but thats all that I can do.  My wife is a bad-tempered person too ( thx to gene), and our relationship is not so good as we were before. I could stand her and understand her for a while, I could do whatever she said for a while, but could I tolerate them in the future? I guess NOT.

what should I do?   ( sorry for my poor English)
时运不济.....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-10 17:24:16 |Display all floors
So why did you marry her in the first place?
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-11 14:13:50 |Display all floors
I'm 43 and still where I was over 6 years ago....in China!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-11 14:33:23 |Display all floors
Originally posted by knight778 at 2010-10-10 17:17
Having graduated from college 2 years ago, taken 3 jobs, and now established my own trading company, I found myself getting close to my 27. when I look at myself in the mirror, I start to ask mysel ...

you should live seperately with your wife's parents.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-11 14:59:14 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greatlady at 2010-10-11 14:33

you should live seperately with your wife's parents.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-11 15:00:17 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Alex2010 at 2010-10-10 17:24
So why did you marry her in the first place?

a very good question...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-11 16:48:28 |Display all floors

culture difference

My wife tells me to tolerate her parents' bad temper just because parents are parents

that is exactly what most chinese have to keep in mind.i think you and yr wife may be have some misunderstanding caused by the culture diffrence

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.