Views: 4627|Replies: 9

Japan refuses China's demand for an apology in boat row [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-9-27 00:24:35 |Display all floors

Apology???

It's sad, but we Chinese really need to get rid of this [demand, demand, and more demands for apology's practices] because, if I view it as silly an not accommodating to the incident at hand, then so will millions upon millions of people the world over, white yellow and brown, too, see it as outrageous and unbecoming act and as such, such demands can only have negative affects on us as it tends to tarnish our image as a true great nation rather than as a benefit to us...

[Size=-4]

Japan refuses China's demand for an apology in boat row
Flash: http://www.chinapost.com.tw/china/national-news/2010/09/26/273965/Japan-refuses.htm
TOKYO/BEIJING -- Japan refused to apologize on Saturday for detaining a Chinese boat captain, showing no signs of softening in a dispute between the two economic powers after Japan gave ground and released him.

I mean did we [demanded] any apologies when from the Russians when this Russian frigate fired on a Chinese registered freighter when it left a Russian Eastern port?

Did we [demanded] any apology from the Filipinos when they fired on our fishing vessels or did we [demanded] any apologies from the Vietnamese when they try to arrest Chinese fishermans fishing in our own waters in the South China Sea or Indonesia who did same???

Apologies, if any, should come naturally and it should be on the free-wills and on the self-induced emotional misgivings of the party issuing any such apology and not [via pressure of political force]

In my book, this forcing of demands for apology should not only applies to the territorial disputes over the DYT and/or of the South China Sea, [it should also apply to Nanjing] because:  forced apologies is never never authentic and forced apologies is never ever from the heart. I mean is that what China wanted? To forced people into submission via torturous means (in this case political pressure) as in old feudalistic warlord infested abusive days of China's past?  

When we demanded an apology for the EP-3, yes, they caved in and they issued us an apology, reluctantly of course, hence they turned around and met our [demand] with a conniving and giggling smile: instead of an apology, it was drafted in such a way such that it turned into a joke against the demanding party instead.

I mean do we have intellectuals in China whose English is sufficiently enough to be able go through all of the "fine prints and/or read my lips wordings" that the Americans are synominous for when it comes to word plays?  I don't think so. No, Not even to this very day.

So, stop this silliness Beijing! The storm had settled. Let not stir the currents.  

Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-27 04:27:11 |Display all floors
ht-tp://opinion.globaltimes.cn/editorial/2010-09/577489.html

just back at home as well, but the GT editorial is very much what I am thinking for the past two days.

This whole incident should never have occurred at all, Ozawa would have won the election if the Imperialists [USA and her puppet Kan's treacherous administration] did not do foul-play again by instigating this incident. Anyone saying otherwise would have to give me irrefutable hard evidence to show me that a fishing trawler would be so crazy to deliberately hit two fully armed patrol boats. [And this does not mean they only show me some paper articles and statements from puppet governments claiming what happened.] He is just a low educated fisherman trying to fill up his trawler with fish to make a simple livelihood, it is not like he would become a rich tycoon by fishing! There is no motivation for him to act abnormally this time, when in the past trawlers would simply be chased away.

On top of it, we are playing against a puppet government in Japan who should know their place, and should switch side asap. So us being a bit more assertive and test how far we can go I don't mind for once. Maybe it also becomes time that the Japanese people see the strength of this once in their eyes' "East Asian Sick Man" and start to show real respect towards their brothers and sisters in China. Now, if we could really snub the American with a homerun in the near future, then maybe the brothers and sisters in Japanese, Korea, Vietnam and so on will surely know whose side they should be on.

[ Last edited by IchiNiSan at 2010-9-27 04:29 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-27 12:52:27 |Display all floors

Reply #2 IchiNiSan's post

Seriously, Ichi, I doubt if Naoto Kan have any choice in the matter. I mean just as how Obama was likely drafted and placed into office, I suspect that Naoto Kan of Japan, too, was likely carefully selected, drafted, and placed in position in Japan's political apparatus -- a political apparatus which had always been ruled by the manipulative fingers of the white boys of the exclusively white boy's club in Washington, DC. The recent Daiyutai incident, my opinion, is a case of Washington saying to Mr. Naoto Kan of Japan: Mr. Kan! We want to test China's political resolve but are not at liberty to show our face. So! Can you , Mr. Naoto Kan, stir something up in the East China Sea and see if Beijing have the balls to challenge you? Since Naoto Kan could never have made it to the top if without Washington's backing, Mr. Naoto Kan have no choice but issue an order for the JSDF to go into action.  Yes, it is as simple as that. Same situation applies to the Cheonan controversy.

Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-28 23:11:27 |Display all floors

Reply #3 edisonone's post

I'll probably be branded here both as "a Jup", and
"as a traitor" for saying this but "we Chinese really need to get over this silly practice of
ours known as "demands for apology" because:

"It's the most silliest I've heard between nations!!!"

I mean instead of "demands for this" or
"demands for that" or "warning over this and warnings over
that", what we (as in Beijing) should instead show is some real substance instead of offering
mere weak and silly lip services in the diplomacy front or,
we should simply not say anything at all.  

When we make "silly demands" in the world's
stages as we do and/or issue the "silly warnings" as we do but backed
it up with nothing but empty words and meanings, not only will these people (or nations) see us
as a great big joke, more to that, it defeats the very purpose as to why
we issued the demands and warnings instead...  

想想這個吧我們的親愛的和"偉大的"祖國!

1. [Size=3]Japan wants compensation over ship damage[/size]

2. [Size=-4]By the CNN Wire staff
  3. September 27, 2010 -- Updated 0751 GMT (1551 HKT)[/size]

4. [swf]http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapcf/09/27/china.japan.fishing.captain/index.html[/swf]

5. Tokyo, Japan (CNN) -- Japan on Monday said it [b][u]would demand compensation for damage done to coast guard ships[/u][/b] by a Chinese fishing captain, lobbing a diplomatic ball back at China.

6. The face-off between Beijing and Tokyo stems from Japan's arrest of the captain in early September off the disputed Diaoyu Islands, in the East China Sea.

7. "Naturally speaking, we are to ask for the repair cost for the damage" to a coast guard boat, Chief Cabinet Secretary Yo----o Sengoku said at regular news conference Monday. "Now the ball is on the side of China in terms of firming up the mutually beneficial and strategic relationship."

8. Tokyo has already rejected Beijing's demand for an apology and compensation over the arrest.

9. Captain Zhan Qixiong was accused of hitting two Japanese coast guard ships, and obstructing public officers while they performed their duties. Japan freed him last week, citing the relationship between the two countries. China is Japan's largest trading partner.

10. The release of the captain was widely seen as a diplomatic retreat by Tokyo, in response to Beijing's ire.

11. China said Japan had arrested him illegally, and Beijing increasingly stepped up pressure to secure his release.

12. Beijing made diplomatic threats, cut off ministerial-level talks, and cancelled visits by officials and tourists between the two countries.

13. China also arrested four Japanese nationals last week in northern Hebei Province, saying they might have illegally entered a military zone and videotaped military targets.

14. Critics in Japan have blasted the government of Prime Minister Naoto Kan, demanding a firm stance against Beijing.

15. China's increasing economic and military might has fueled concerns in the Asia-Pacific region and beyond. China this year overtook Japan as the world's second-largest economy, after the United States. Japan's economy has stagnated for two decades, and the country has seen a revolving-door succession of weak prime ministers in recent years.

16. Beijing has meanwhile extended its reach around the globe, including investing heavily in Africa and Latin America. China is hungry for natural resources, including those in the South China Sea. Beijing claims the Diaoyu Islands and most of the South China Sea, disputing neighboring countries' claims. In Japan, the islands are known as the Senkaku.

17. The clash over territorial waters and islands -- and the natural resources that go with them -- is a flash point in the Asia-Pacific region.
Copy code

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-29 01:58:24 |Display all floors

Reply #4 edisonone's post

OK! Let's see where this row will further take us!!!

Japan demands China pull back boats from disputed islands

By Staff Writers
Tokyo (AFP) Sept 27, 2010

Flash: http://www.spacewar.com/reports/Japan_demands_China_pull_back_boats_from_disputed_islands_999.html

Japan demanded Monday that China pull back two fisheries patrol boats from near a disputed island chain that is at the centre of the worst diplomatic row in years between the Asian giants.

Tokyo also summoned Beijing's ambassador to demand regular consular access to four Japanese nationals whom China detained last week amid the ugly spat for allegedly filming a military facility.

Japanese media reported Monday that China's foreign ministry had rejected a request from Tokyo's ambassador to Beijing for a meeting over the issue.

The latest developments came days after Japan freed a Chinese fishing boat captain, a move which failed to ease the escalating tensions and was met by China with a demand for an apology from its traditional Asian rival.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-29 10:04:01 |Display all floors

Reply #4 edisonone's post

I'll probably be branded here both as "a Jup", and
"as a traitor" for saying this
Well, and dunno if it would be comforting enough or not, for one, you can almost count on that I am the last one who will ever call a uber patriot a traitor. And that is spoken by a Chinese guy using a "Jap' nick  hahaha.....

Unfortunately it is the common people from China, Japan, USA and the rest who will have to suffer because of these Imperialists continuous aggressions, destabilization, divide & conquer strategies. However, as you also know, basically, the game is not about China and Japan.

I tend to look at the recent assertiveness and "silly demands" from a more positive perspective, it is not aimed at the Japanese people, and to some extend not even aimed at the Japanese puppet government, but aimed at Washington and the rest of the Imperialist Elite. It is about China testing the limits & pressure points of this Japanese puppet government. A puppet government installed by the West, and a country under occupation by the Western Imperialists for like 60 years. This means that Beijing starts to be ready to play harder balls with Washington, my expectations are that the upcoming 2 years in our own house's successions of new powers we will only play it harder and harder.

Btw, Ozawa, the defeated pro-China challenger to Kan position because of this foul-play incident, was the one who arranged a meeting between Xin Jinping and the Japanese emporer. Why would our future president meet up the Japanese emporer? Because behind the curtains the anti-American alliances in Japan and China are working hard on strategies, cooperations, agreements and alliances to kick these Western Imperialists out of Asia!

[ Last edited by IchiNiSan at 2010-9-29 10:05 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-29 10:14:48 |Display all floors

Reply #5 edisonone's post

Btw, if u have time, go to NCCF, our guys there has some fierce discussions about this as well, I felt asleep half way writing my post though, which coincidentally also said something in line as that they probably will flame me for being traitor and so on

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.