Author: PopularStar

Movie recommendations anyone? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-9-27 19:50:28 |Display all floors

One of Quinn's best movies ever

This movie is one of the best movies acted by Anthony Quinn. When watching this movie, you have to bear in mind that it was produced in 1976 (more than 30 years ago). The acting was so real and the plot was interesting.

This movie sums up the Islamic beliefs and life of Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) in a detailed way. For those who want to know more to the origin of Islam, this is a very interesting and entertaining way to do so. All the facts in the story are written in the books, so no scenes were added to the original events.

Maybe some might feel that not showing the face of the prophet or some other characters was a disadvantage, but I do not think it lowered the quality of this movie.

For another great movie by Quinn, watch "Lion of the Desert". It is one of his greatest movies as well.
余优素福

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-27 19:51:27 |Display all floors

Great Movie

I just wanted to say that this is one of the greatest movie i've ever seen, great acting, great producing and wonderful scenes.  For people who don't know anything about Islam, please try to watch it.  It points out that prophet Mohammed liberated Makka, the difference between Christianity and Islam and but a thin line, the two first battles and many other events.  The original Movie is an Arabic one (Al-Risalah) the message is an exact replicate but translated in English copy.  Antony Quin is a great Actor, doing the Role of Hamza.  Please all note that the prophet Face is never shown due to the extreme respect we have to the prophet for not allowing any other human to act like him...
余优素福

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-27 19:52:30 |Display all floors

A movie that was meant to be done

This movie is more than great,it show people the truth about Islam without involving political issues,one of the great things about this movie is that it was filmed along time ago,so all the credits were written about this movie were unbiased,this shows the true opinion of people,this movie will give an answer for those people questioning if Islam is a terrorist religion,where the answer is surely No!Islam carry the message of peace& of course there are many events other than(Ohod &Badr)however they were both remarkable and very helping for the progress of the Muslims,so if anyone would like to know more about these events return to Islamic sources,& don't let the media give you a fake idea about this great religion.check out this()
余优素福

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-27 19:53:14 |Display all floors

may be the well known movie about Islam that ever made

it was the greatest movie that show us how the fight of Muslim started. it may be biggest and well known Islamic movie all around the world

the message was not perfect for example; movie was showing; Islam is just including war's and all these countries who accepted Islam was forced to be a Muslim.This is not true. Islam is the religion of mercy.Yes many wars were happened but that does not mean all countries accepted at the end of the war.

Some part of movie, director tried to imply that; yes Islam is about helping others, and prophet mohammed worked like other Muslim and never complain about his position but I guess it was not enough
余优素福

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-27 19:53:51 |Display all floors

Excellent Movie

This is one of my favorite movies, i never have enough watching it. each time is like seeing it for the first time. the Arabic version of it is just as excellent with a all Arab actors. the director did an excellent job to have the same events depicted in both versions, without settling for dubbing one version. Antony Q. really shines the same way Abdulla Gaith does in the Arabic version. Al Aqad is definitely an excellent example of using art as a way of telling people about the greatness of Islam---bringing people of different races and cultures and tribes to unite and yet be different. I especially love the part when the prophet's uncle Hamza (played by Antony Q.) comes to Mecca and directly goes to defend the prophet and his companions who try to defend him against those assaulting them. He then slaps one of the leaders daring him to hit him back, then addressing his nephew, he announces his faith in the new message and confessing that whenever he crosses the desert at night he feels the creator is too grand to be kept in the tiny building where the tribe kept their deity.

The other favorite is when Khalid bin Al Walid fights the war against the Muslims and then converts before the Prophet (pbuh). I hope everyone who watches the movie would be able to see the genius of the director and the story by comparing it to the movies that were around during the same time. Do not let the fact that it is about Islam of Muslims blind you to the fact that it is about a great leader of people and the people who believed in his message that he was chosen to deliver, and he did despite all challenges. Try to think from a historical point of view, do not allow the current events taking place prevent you from having a more open view to look at things. The area is not the map. Try looking at the whole map to have a better understanding. the view differs when you're standing in a ditch, hill, mountain, flying. always try to find the bigger picture.
余优素福

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-27 19:56:13 |Display all floors
i thought about seeing "the message", but after all the above posts it seems more like brainwashing propaganda, i'd rather not

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-27 19:56:36 |Display all floors
The Postman is a good movie

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.