Author: PopularStar

Movie recommendations anyone? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-9-27 19:44:52 |Display all floors

Excellent visualization of the story of Islam

Unfortunately there aren't that many movies that tell the story of the greatest man who lived. The Message gives the viewer a glimpse of the life of the prophet Muhammad (PBUH) and his struggle to deliver God's message to the pagan Arabs of Mecca and his migration to Medina. The movie tells a story that most non-Muslims never heard before, that alone makes it a must see for non-Muslims. The production value is not the greatest out there but if you know the politics behind the movie...well, that's a different angle that I don't want to comment on! I you never heard the story of Muhammad (PBUH) and the birth of Islam, I guarantee you this movie will be a life changing experience(not instantly of course) that will add something to your soul it never had, Guaranteed! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
余优素福

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-27 19:45:03 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Alex2010 at 2010-9-27 19:43

He was just acting an Arab Sheik...but very convincing.

Ah..ok.  Thanks.

I think he's a good actor...and he's pretty hot!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-27 19:46:29 |Display all floors

A true representation of the history of Islam

I was very young when I saw The Message for the first time and even then I remember being very proud of this movie. I have been wanting to watch it again ever since, but didn't have the chance until a few days ago. Being an Arab Muslim myself, I couldn't be more satisfied with it.

I have watched both versions of this movie (Arabic and English) and they are both great. This movie is remarkable in all it's aspects and the acting is excellent in both versions.

Given the present circumstances, I'd recommend this movie to all those seeking to know the truth and history of Islam as it is a true portrayal of the struggle of prophet Muhammed to deliver the message of God to the world and a display of the principals and standards of Islam.
message.jpg
余优素福

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-27 19:47:54 |Display all floors

an epic movie.... watch this to learn the true Islam

the director clears all doubts on Islam by watching this movie. its the official story of Islam exactly how it is. i loved this movie, outstanding superb movie. A masterpiece of religious cinema, The acting is fantastic, the music is good (won an academy award), and the cinematography, filmed in Morocco and Libya, is beautiful. Costumes are cool, and there's a few scenes with a set of ancient bagpipes for you Celtic history buffs. superb movie. epic. the fact that this is the only substantial film about Mohammed and Islam makes Akkad's film worthwhile viewing. must watch. love it.... This is the true story for Porphet Muhamed. One of the most important stories that all people must see it. This is the truth of Islam. Thanks to the director Moustapha Akkad and God bless his soul. (note the arabic version was better than the English one)
余优素福

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-27 19:48:33 |Display all floors
Hey you spammer........enough is enough!!!!!
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-27 19:48:56 |Display all floors

a correction to some bad ideas about Islam

i have watched this movie more than one time ,i really like it,it reveals a very good picture of Islam but to know the whole truth ,a more than one movie must be produced because the whole life of prophet Muhammad can't be made in only 3 hours!! As a Muslim i am jealous about my religion and i can't accept a single bad word about it.God ordered us to argue with the people of Book(Christians and Jews)with logic and good advice.

Islam never considered Christians and Jews as a second class people, Islam gave them the religious freedom means they are free to convert to Islam or not,those who don't convert to Islam have to pay the gizya which was small tax compared to the zakah which was paid by Muslims themselves every year,they paid this tax in order to be protected by the Islamic army because they will not join an army to defend a religion which is not theirs!!,unless they really want to join the Islamic army ,that will be their choice.

Even prophet Muhammad told his army when they enter any city : not to kill a woman ,a child , an old man,never to destroy any church, leave the people of this city free to have their own religion.

Even when the Islamic army entered Egypt and Jerusalem or any other country, they treated the priests there with a very honorable treatment, never force them to convert into Islam.Islam considered all the people whether Muslim,Christian or Jews at the same level they are all equal in rights and duties. when Muhammad entered Al-Medina (which means the city in Arabic),he found there the Jews ,he made treaty with them:to free in their religion and to protect the city together against any enemy ,he didn't make them stand as one line and chop their heads that is not correct.

and at last for the rights of both men and women,yes they have the same rights as in education,being equal in duties and rights ,both can Inherit (as before Muhammad woman can't inherit and was considered a bad omen) But Islam gave the woman her dignity and all her rights.but also Islam considered the man as the breadwinner of the family so he takes a higher share than the woman in heritage, but also he is responsible for serving her and get here all her needs ,Islam also put the steps to make the husband and his wife living a very lovely life together.

i hope i have corrected all your incorrect ideas about Islam and please if u r interested in Islam read more about and have a good understanding of Koran verses not only take a piece of it and say that is the Islam,understand the whole verse please and if u want a good beginning i recommend this: HTTP://www.inspiredbymuhammed.com/ please feel comfortable to contact me for any about Islam and i shall do my best to help u Al Salam Alikom (peace be upon u)
余优素福

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-27 19:49:55 |Display all floors

what's the complain for?

Many complain that this movie doesn't depict as much as it should, or isn't brave enough to show us more of Mohammad than it already has or etc.

Well, firstly i think that this movie is the best way of introducing Islam to those who stereotypically think of it as a religion of violence.

Secondly, the script and the story went under huge study by scholars to make sure that it does not violate Islamic rules in any manner. i don't think there will be a braver person who can make another movie like this or even close to this without awakening the extremists and causing big fights between them.

We should congratulate the director and consider this as a huge achievement by the Muslim director who managed to get this film produced with such a high standard in Hollywood (where most of the movies are now against Islam).

so 10/10 for the movie and what it achieves and the amount of effort and risk they took to get it produced.
余优素福

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.