Views: 5736|Replies: 25

U.S. Military industrial complex hungers for more [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-9-19 20:06:45 |Display all floors
updated less than 1 minute ago
Share Print Font: + - breaking news
TEHRAN, Iran — Iranian border guards detained seven U.S. troops as they tried to illegally enter the Islamic state, the semi-official Fars news agency reported on Sunday.

The report didn't cite any source.

Related content American Sarah Shourd begins trip back to U.S. Iran reportedly invites Turkey to join space program Cleric tells Iranians to expect economic hardship Iranian president dismisses Mideast talks Ahmadinejad: Muslims 'not against Americans' Transcript: Ahmadinejad on U.S. 'hostility' against Iran "Recently seven American troops were detained by Iranian guards in a southeastern province of the country," Fars said. "Two Iranians accompanying the troops were also arrested."

No other news agency immediately reported the incident.

This is a breaking news story. Please check back for updates.

============================

I'm sure there's in interesting story behind that brief teaser.

Wait a minute, U.S. forces running amok? No accountability? Gunslingers inspiring hatred all over the world?

Same old story, nothing new. What a let down.

Having eaten a trillion USD recently, the U.S. military industrial complex has grown. It's even grown whole new components -- drone assassins, private armies such as Blackwater Xe, etc.

More powerful than ever, these are the guys that control Washington. U.S. Presidents have no control over what our next wars will be. They're coming, and their never ending. Those that control the military industrial complex now control America and won't let go. Wars make them richer and more powerful.

Peace no more.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-19 21:21:26 |Display all floors

And then...

TEHRAN, Iran — Iran denied on Sunday that border guards had detained seven U.S. troops, calling the report "unfounded", the state-run English language Press TV said.

The country's Arabic language television al-Alam also quoted Iran's Revolutionary Guards, in charge of Iran's border security, as denying that any such incident had happened in the southeastern province of Sistan-Baluchestan.

A senior defense official told NBC News that no U.S. soldiers were missing in the area near the Iranian border. The official described it as a "false report."

Earlier, the semi-official Fars news agency had reported that the American troops had been arrested while trying to illegally enter the Islamic state.

"Recently seven American troops were detained by Iranian guards in a southeastern province of the country," Fars said. "Two Iranians accompanying the troops were also arrested."

Related content Updated 2 minutes ago Freed hiker arrives back in U.S. Iran reportedly invites Turkey to join space program Cleric tells Iranians to expect economic hardship Iranian president dismisses Mideast talks Mothers of still-detained hikers speak out Ahmadinejad: Muslims 'not against Americans' Transcript: Ahmadinejad on U.S. 'hostility' against Iran Fars didn't cite a source for its report.

Iran on Tuesday freed one of three Americans held for over a year ago for alleged spying . Sarah Shourd was detained near Iran's border with Iraq in late July 2009 along with two male companions, Shane Bauer and Josh Fattal. Their families say the three were on a mountain hike in northern Iraq at the time.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-19 21:49:04 |Display all floors

Oh, hi northwest.....................

您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-19 22:37:39 |Display all floors

reply #3

?

Did I miss anything here?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-19 22:42:29 |Display all floors
Originally posted by liuyedao at 2010-9-19 22:37
?

Did I miss anything here?

Acting surprised....lol....standard reaction and you aren't even a good actor^^
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-19 23:31:56 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Alex2010 at 2010-9-19 22:42
Acting surprised....lol....standard reaction and you aren't even a good actor^^

Of course.

I'm surprised for being mentioned in a thread I never joined before.

Since you seems to know more than me, mind to tell me what you know?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-19 23:36:34 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
"My way or Guantanamo Bay"

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.