Author: prime0421

Are Chinese Atheist? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-9-18 18:28:07 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-19 08:11:53 |Display all floors
Originally posted by kongque at 2010-9-18 18:17

That is in the main correct - probably because they are too young to have found out the truth about the bulldust of religion that was force fed to them since the cradle.

If a person grows  ...

I am glad to hear from antheists they are  notably more intelligent.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-19 09:22:46 |Display all floors
Originally posted by prime0421 at 19-9-2010 10:11

I am glad to hear from antheists they are  notably more intelligent.

I try not to see myself as an "atheist" because that would be saying their is some substance to the religious bs.

One does not need intellect to smell when something is bulldust.

I see myself as a "realist" - not finding anything in the bs of religion at all other than the lies of some clever people from the past.

Ru guo ni xiang zai tian tang zhao dao shang di ni suo neng de dao shi niao shi diao jin ni de yian jing li
Man created god before god created man and the world has been in turmoil ever since. Dots freak some people out - so they join them with lines that aren't really there.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-19 13:43:36 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2010-9-19 13:35

Monotheism started at least 5'000 years ago. The Jews were not necessarily the first. If you want to broaden your horizon in the matter, I recommend J. Haekel, Lehrbuch der Voelkerlehre, 1965.

Jew's religion comes directly from Egyptian worshiping of the Sun God.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-19 13:45:13 |Display all floors
SS, have you watched ZeitGeist the movie part 1 on Christianity and Judiasm.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-19 14:14:45 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2010-9-18 22:44
... Chinese worshippers are not concerned about whether their actions as living people are 'moral' or 'wrong' or 'right'; they are keen on getting the results they care for. Typically, students sometimes make 'sacrifices' to Guanyin or to Buddha ...

That's a new one to me. I've never heard of making sacrifices to Guanyin or Buddha. What do you mean by that?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-19 15:21:36 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2010-9-18 22:44
... Typically, students sometimes make 'sacrifices' to Guanyin or to Buddha - but if they pass their exams, they may revert to their bad old ways of cheating in tests and exams. In effect, these worshippers do not hesitate to 'bribe' deities in order to influence their natural fate ...

It is true that Guanyin (Bodhisattva Regarder of the Cries of the World) is supposed to be someone who you can ask for help if you are in trouble. But you are not required to give him anything to receive his help; he doesn't expect to receive anything. But maybe the students feel that they need to give him something. You can learn about this bodhisattva by reading the chapter on him in the Lotus Sutra.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.