Author: prime0421

Are Chinese Atheist? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-9-18 10:00:42 |Display all floors
Originally posted by prime0421 at 18-9-2010 09:08
Chinese are the oldest culture on earth and dont mention GOD  must be he dose not exist.  Dont worry lots of culture's  talk to god personally and will teach the Chinese. I hope they dont fall it.

The Chinese people are "realists".

Religion is nothing more than a tool for them.

Just as it is a tool for Western countries, but for different reasons.

How many go to Falun Gong simply because they see it as an easy way to get "ass"ylum in a Western country? Religious "persecution and discrimination is a really good ploy to gain residency in a Western country - get a student visa - then once overseas apply for assylum on the grounds of religion - works a a treat.... we have assisted many of our family and friends to migrate and get into the big $ earning life in Australia. The immigration people here are really suckers for religion issues.

Believing in the religious bs is not mandatory - just a clever tool.

Face the Future With Dignity - Man created god before god created man
Man created god before god created man and the world has been in turmoil ever since. Dots freak some people out - so they join them with lines that aren't really there.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-18 11:17:39 |Display all floors
I'd like to restate and clarify what I said above.

The kitchen god and the dragon king are Chinese mythology but I imagine there are few if any people who believe in them nowadays.  

The religions of Islam and Christianity, of course, have a deity but only a small percentage (maybe 5%) of the population practice these.

I'm sure some Buddhists must believe in Kuan Yin. In China Kuan Yin is thought of as being a goddess. But in India, Kuan Yin was originally a male Bodhisattva which is not the same thing as a god.

I believe that in Tib et there are many deities that the people believe in. It seems to me that they are more superstitious than the Chinese people as a whole.

[ Last edited by kyosan at 2010-9-17 08:21 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-18 15:28:59 |Display all floors
Chinese atheists? No way. Still one of the most superstitious people in the world...Taoism,Bhuddism,Confucianism(yes,many scholars regard it as kind of religion) and and and....
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-18 15:31:40 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Alex2010 at 2010-9-18 16:58
Chinese atheists? No way. Still one of the most superstitious people in the world...Taoism,Bhuddism,Confucianism(yes,many scholars regard it as kind of religion) and and and....

yes, some buildings don't even have level 4, 13 or 14

that's going a bit far (some would say a bit loopy)
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-18 15:40:26 |Display all floors
Originally posted by lebeast at 2010-9-18 15:31

yes, some buildings don't even have level 4, 13 or 14

that's going a bit far (some would say a bit loopy)

plus the ultimate faith of chinese, money.
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-18 17:46:54 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-18 17:49:51 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.