Author: expatter

Something Not Shown in the UK Free Media ....... [Copy link] 中文

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2010-9-5 15:59:02 |Display all floors
Originally posted by thepeop at 2010-9-5 15:48
"And why no mainstream media comment on the legality of this arrest and extradition"

Has the extradition happened?  And my comments about his 'friends' were intended to answer your que ...

You may have looked at the first page of the website ...................

But clearly you didn't follow the chronicle and the list of efforts to publicize this matter ..............

You cannot claim the right to debate without the relevant information .............

And if you are not prepared to look at it then your comments are without sincerity .................

Is it possible if you are to reply to limit this to one post at a time ..........

It is tedious answering long strings of different ideas ...................

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-5 16:02:56 |Display all floors
Unless (insert conspiracy theory here), you mean?  I'd guess it was because perverting the course of justice is a serious crime.  You can be crazy and still commit crimes, right?

Again: do you know what's happened in the last one and a half years about this case?

Added: you'll have to show me which bits refer to their efforts to publicise the case in the media.  I can't see any.

[ Last edited by thepeop at 2010-9-5 04:24 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2010-9-5 16:51:10 |Display all floors
Originally posted by thepeop at 2010-9-5 16:02
Unless (insert conspiracy theory here), you mean?  I'd guess it was because perverting the course of justice is a serious crime.  You can be crazy and still commit crimes, right?

Again: do you k ...

Perverting the course of justice is a serious offence and is normally reserved for perjury, intimidation, bribery or other serious acts to "pervert the course of justice" ...............

Not posting a DVD to a judge which can be thrown in a bin ...................

The last posting I have on this is June 2009 ..........

Some 14 months ago ...............

And please remember that I am in China and therefore it is sometimes not so easy for access to some information ..........

There seems to be nothing anywhere of relevance in the media ........

That is why I made the original post .............

Which is not about the ideas .........

But the rights involved ..........

Ha ha ha ................

Go to the website and hit the menu button at the top labelled "IN THE MEDIA".............

Bit of a give-away that one ....................

There are current articles up to the middle of this year (2010)  ..............

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-5 17:22:23 |Display all floors
"There are current articles up to the middle of this year (2010)"

But I see nothing about material sent to UK newspapers, press releases etc.

'Perverting the course of justice is a serious offence and is normally reserved for perjury, intimidation, bribery or other serious acts to "pervert the course of justice" '

That's for the judge to decide... and at least one already has decided that there's a case to answer.  This group (or one guy, maybe) admits on their own homepage that it was an effort to influence the decision ("all about STRAIGHTENING the course of justice")- which might be enough.

This might become bigger news when/if he is put on trial in the UK.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-5 17:35:39 |Display all floors
"And any evidence can be construed as 'perverting the course of justice'"

Maybe, if you send that evidence to the judge's house instead of introducing it in court.  We have courts and judicial procedure for a reason...

"The judge said he didn't look at it "

Doesn't matter.  Look up the law- the attempt is itself illegal.  'It didn't actually work' is not generally considered a good defence...

"if someone is arrested for furnishing what they believe is evidence then the media should be shouting about his rights for being arrested for it "

See point one.  You could try writing to some left-wing newspapers about it, though.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-5 18:08:52 |Display all floors
Originally posted by thepeop at 2010-9-5 17:22
"There are current articles up to the middle of this year (2010)"
But I see nothing about material sent to UK newspapers, press releases etc.
'Perverting the course of justice is a  ...
.................................................................................................

Oh I see I was a bit dim on your first point ............

I never realized that if you do not mail the media any local or national news .......

It will not get any attention .........

I wonder if anyone has suggested to the print media to look through daily court logs etc ......

That might be a really good idea ................

As stated the judge passed the DVD onto the police and it went from there ..........

You are for arresting people who propose an opinion then ....  ?

OK, and between you me and the gate post ...............

If you had read the articles you may have seen that there may be a possibility that his literature may have affected the jury at the first and subsequent trials.  But we don't know that for sure ...........

The real issue here though is being arrested for making and having an opinion ..........

And the arrest for posting a DVD to the trial judge who passed it onto the police  ...........

Under UK and Irish law he should be protected by his right to free speech ......

That is the point I am making ............

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-5 19:00:41 |Display all floors
"I wonder if anyone has suggested to the print media to look through daily court logs etc ......"

The UK newspapers have to look through court logs for foreign countries?  I seriously doubt they have the manpower...

"Under UK and Irish law he should be protected by his right to free speech ......"

That covers his right to make the DVD- which he did, without legal repurcussions.  Does free speech cover sending materials to judges' homes with a demonstrable intention to affect the result of a trial?  Not necessarily, because that may constitute an attempt to pervert the course of justice- again, a judge will make that decision (if it gets to that point).

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.