Views: 3090|Replies: 9

Revenge for not giving enough tip [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-8-19 17:23:45 |Display all floors
Have you ever tipped doctors when you or your relatives have an operation? If you have, then what's your most concern when you don't tip them? Being worried that they cannot operate well? I think that's the only answer. When giving a tip is commonplace in China, those who do not tip or tip less will get punished. Absurd?  But it happened.

Police in southern Shenzhen City confirmed a patient's claim that her anus had been sewn by a midwife suspected of taking revenge during the patient's labor because she failed to receive a good tip.

A medical report by the police showed the anus had been sewn with black threads and needle near her bleeding hemorrhoid, reported Nanfang Daily yesterday.

The midwife surnamed Zhang had denied it.

The report conflicted with a previous statement that said the patient's anus was not sealed up and there was no evidence supporting the sewing claim, by the Shenzhen Health Bureau and Shenzhen Population and Family Planning Commission on July 30.

Zhang claimed she applied the ligature treatment to cure the woman's bleeding pile out of generosity, though it violated professional practice.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-19 17:31:15 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cindy1225 at 2010-8-19 17:23
Have you ever tipped doctors when you or your relatives have an operation? If you have, then what's your most concern when you don't tip them? Being worried that they cannot operate well? I think t ...

The midwife wasn't satisfied with the small amount of tip offerred by her client.....She should be punished for her wicked medical working ethic....
Another day , another dollars!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-19 17:35:30 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cindy1225 at 2010-8-19 17:23
Have you ever tipped doctors when you or your relatives have an operation? If you have, then what's your most concern when you don't tip them? Being worried that they cannot operate well? I think t ...

Why tip when it's a medical practitioner's duty to give treatment?
Why worry when they (doctors or med pracs) swore to heal a patient?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-19 17:40:30 |Display all floors
Originally posted by robertcheng at 2010-8-19 17:31

The midwife wasn't satisfied with the small amount of tip offerred by her client.....She should be punished for her wicked medical working ethic....

I guess she was used to being tipped?
But then again, with so much belief in the power of money comes the confidence that everything would be alright.
Money talks, money walks...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-19 17:42:36 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Kbay at 2010-8-19 17:40
Tipping bureaucrats is a crime in China.
We have long discourage this gweilo sinful practice years ago.

The Chinese authority does not condone it,
so don't do it is my tip to all readers.

I don't think so.
I'm sorry, but I disagree...
I really like China but this is one of the things that I hated most here...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-19 17:52:49 |Display all floors
Tipping......just use the right term: bribe. This is corruption....a problem that haunts Chinese society. Get rid of it!!!
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-19 18:03:13 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Kbay at 2010-8-19 17:58
I never tip anybody anywhere as long as I can remember.

They try encourage me to entertain this practice whilst in the USA;
I refused, and told them where to go.

No problem for me so far!

I do tipp waiters, that's normal. Always round up the sum. But never where it shouldn't be expected. My wife is different.....she doesn't tipp anyone....cultural thing maybe.
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.