Views: 22980|Replies: 144

Chinese people like to look white? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-8-11 01:47:55 |Display all floors
I have recently noticed that many popular actors/actresses in Hong Kong are either half white or look white.. for example Cecilia Cheng or the infamous Edison Chen.

And many rich people marry Chinese who are half white.

Lets face it Chinese people find white features attractive.. why don't they just admit it and marry white women instead of just marrying someone who looks white.   For example.. Richard Li the son of the richest man in Hong Kong had a son with Isabella Leong who is predictably.. half white.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-11 01:50:24 |Display all floors
True but nobody has given me a good reason why.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-11 01:55:53 |Display all floors

re:St_George

To put it plain.. trying to look like the dominate culture.. it happens through out history

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-11 02:12:02 |Display all floors
Thats a reason but not a good one,  a false notion of superiorty.  As it happens i dont like my white skin and so many Brits spend so much time out in the sun trying to get tanned.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-11 02:28:15 |Display all floors
Originally posted by St_George at 2010-8-10 10:50
True but nobody has given me a good reason why.

I can't understand why Asian women should feel less attractive than white woman. I like Asian women and many other white guys feel the same way. When I lived in the S.F. Bay Area there were lots of Asian girls there and I saw many mixed couples.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-11 03:03:08 |Display all floors
Originally posted by xuerengui at 2010-8-11 01:47
I have recently noticed that many popular actors/actresses in Hong Kong are either half white or look white.. for example Cecilia Cheng or the infamous Edison Chen.

And many rich people marry Ch ...

Its just a fashion thing; it might change as/if Chinese culture becomes more prominent. Peoples tastes change as society changes.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-11 13:13:14 |Display all floors
Originally posted by xuerengui at 2010-8-11 01:47

And many rich people marry Ch ...

Cecilia Cheng, Edison Chen, etc, etc all look white or half white to you?
To me they don't look white at all, not even half white.
They look Chinese, fully Chinese.
And there're many people in China who look like of all these popular 'half white' actors/actresses, but they're fully Chinese with no white ancestry.
Or do you mean all good looking Chinese look white ???
How about we say all good looking westerners look Chinese??
E.g. Catherine Zeta Jones.
Please don't shoot, I'm just a babe.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.