Views: 27023|Replies: 56

Will you offer your seats in such circumstances? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-8-4 15:03:16 |Display all floors
It is polite to yield up your seat to the elderly whether on the bus or the subway. But will you offer your seats in such circumstances?

On the rush hour to or from work, you are either sleepy or tired. You are reluctant to give up your seats to anyone.

Some elderly think that they deserve the seat. If you give them the seats, they don't appreciate your kindness. But if you don't, they get angry and shout to humiliate you before the crowded passengers.

[ Last edited by cindy1225 at 2010-8-4 03:07 PM ]
rzrz08071103.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-4 15:20:23 |Display all floors

#1 A curious way of thinking this of yours......

seats should always be offered for the elderly, physically impaired, pregnant women and/or people carrying babies. This should be this way even if not asked to.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-4 15:28:02 |Display all floors
Noooooooo

I do not give my seat to anyone

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-4 15:43:17 |Display all floors
It is considered polite in some countries for the elderly et el not to travel during rush hour, so that they don't inconvenient other people.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-4 15:55:44 |Display all floors
Originally posted by longzhou at 2010-8-4 15:20
seats should always be offered for the elderly, physically impaired, pregnant women and/or people carrying babies. This should be this way even if not asked to.

I think it depends. I see a lot of elderly people go to the park at the rush hour every day for exercise. They compete with the young people to get on the bus. Some young people have to take the next bus in order to give space to the elderly. Sometimes they are late for work. Is it fair? I don't think so.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-4 15:57:54 |Display all floors
Originally posted by travis at 2010-8-4 15:43
It is considered polite in some countries for the elderly et el not to travel during rush hour, so that they don't inconvenient other people.

Yes, it is a good practice I  suggest the Chinese elderly to adopt.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-4 16:43:44 |Display all floors
I always offer my seat to elderly people. When I'm tired, it doesn't really matter if I'm sitting or standing 'cause during the rush hour, Ican't move either way I also don't mind if they don't thank me - I mean, when their legs are painful and they're troubled due to the high amount of people around them, they might have a bad mood - that doesn't mean I have to get a bad one^^

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.