Views: 7916|Replies: 63

Do Miners in China need a union? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-8-3 09:19:05 |Display all floors
9 dead, 7 trapped in central China coal mine

again -this is a weekly occurrence in China.....

yes I have heard that China has closed down the most dangerous mines,
but I guess this is the result when a government controls the state media....

they release a statement saying how much they have made things better , then proceed to do nothing.....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-3 09:21:26 |Display all floors
time for social change in China and time for a free media,
to protect the Chinese people from the vested interests of big money in the mining sector...

people are more important than money...............

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-3 09:24:38 |Display all floors

And who told you they don't have....

Originally posted by esoteriksky at 2010-8-3 09:19
9 dead, 7 trapped in central China coal mine

again -this is a weekly occurrence in China.....

yes I have heard that China has closed down the most dangerous mines,
but I guess this is the re ...

one already?

Seems to me you should get your facts right about this country before coming here and making a foll of yourself!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-3 09:24:47 |Display all floors
this demonstrates how the Chinese government is just paying lip service to the social problems in China.....

China is being run by a dehumanized corporation.....nothing more nothing less

the bottom line is the only consideration to these people.

and arrest anyone who complains...and try their best to discredit them.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-3 09:26:27 |Display all floors
What if it was you who had to go into the dangerous conditions of a mine everyday to feed your family ,
never knowing each day if you were going to come back or be buried alive.....

this has got to stop.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-3 09:27:28 |Display all floors
A state news agency says nine workers have been killed and seven others trapped in a central China coal mine.
The official Xinhua News Agency says a "gas outburst" occurred at 11:19 p.m. Monday at the Sanyuandong Coal Mine in Dengfeng, a city in Henan province.
Xinhua said Tuesday 127 miners were underground and 111 escaped unharmed.
China's mining industry is the world's deadliest with accidents killing more than 2,600 miners throughout the country last year.

to put these numbers in perspective Americans have lost 1,186 solders fighting in Afghanistan since 2001,
so last year China's mining industry has lost more than 2 times as many people as Americans have died in Afghanistan in nearly ten years at war

2,600 people in one year is a lot of people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

time for action I would say.....

[ Last edited by esoteriksky at 2010-8-3 10:52 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-3 09:35:05 |Display all floors

What exactly do you want to discuss here?

Originally posted by esoteriksky at 2010-8-3 09:27
A state news agency says nine workers have been killed and seven others trapped in a central China coal mine.
The official Xinhua News Agency says a "gas outburst" occurred at 11:19 p.m. ...

Miners safety of miners rights?

If it's the first China has a huge problem there and it is well known and not always correctly adessed by the local authorities (who many times are directly or indirectly invloved in the mining operations since many of this operations are state owned companies or subsidiaries).

If it's the second, there are unions that take care of miners right and working conditions.

Let's not forget that mining is ranked in between the most dangerous jobs, and not only in China, worldwide but somebody has to do it.

In your neighboring Alaska territory king crab fishing claims dozens of victims in a simple 3-4 months season and nobody makes a fuss to stop crab fishing. Men that embark to fish the crab know the risks and that any moment the "pan-pan" rescue call can be their own ship sinking. Miners that go down a pit also know that.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.