Views: 4686|Replies: 29

Beautiful Pearl River [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-8-2 19:54:02 |Display all floors
Beautiful Pearl River at night
Pearl River.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-3 12:58:38 |Display all floors
Just the atmosphere is beautiful. The river is dark. How can you know the quality? Beautiful Pearl River Bank that's it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-3 18:46:17 |Display all floors
Originally posted by arab_cha at 2010-8-3 12:58
Just the atmosphere is beautiful. The river is dark. How can you know the quality? Beautiful Pearl River Bank that's it.

You are right, the river itself needs some major clean-up (like the Rhine in Europe had been cleaned years ago).

But, by calling it "beautiful atmosphere" I wanted to describe the evening activities along the river banks. Lots of people, big and small are out at night, engaging in different activities and games. People are talking and laughing. Some are  s e l l i n g  ice cream, coconuts or soft drinks. Amateur musicians playing  guitar and singing romantic songs. Some others are performing on old Chinese instruments. Joggers, bikers and kite fliers. Others are practicing dance or playing cards. Sometimes people approach me to talk about my camera, even with very poor English. But I am honored and happy to watch the scene along the river.

This is the China I like. I wish that some people here in this forum would try a bit harder to comprehend that critic addressing the system and it's problems should not be mistaken as lack of love for China and Chinese people. I do differentiate and people who are unable to differentiate I can only pity. I am aware that some people "refuse" to differentiate by intend.

[ Last edited by Petitioner at 2010-8-3 06:48 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-3 19:04:54 |Display all floors
For those foreigners, who share their live with a Chinese partner, it must be really "painful" sometimes to become the target of certain people here in this forum, who present themselves with a fascistic attitude and often pretend to be Chinese citizens. In fact they are not.

[ Last edited by Petitioner at 2010-8-3 08:19 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-3 19:07:43 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Petitioner at 2010-8-3 19:04
For those foreigners, who share their live with a Chinese partner, it mast be really "painful" sometimes to become the target of certain people here in this forum, who present themselves with a fascistic attitude and often pretend to be Chinese citizens. In fact they are not.  ...

you are right

and beautiful picture

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-3 19:37:41 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Petitioner at 2010-8-3 19:04
For those foreigners, who share their live with a Chinese partner, it mast be really "painful" sometimes to become the target of certain people here in this forum, who present themselves  ...

True,true.......
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-3 20:07:29 |Display all floors

Musician at the Pearl River promenade

Musician.jpg

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.