Europe's Fear of the Burqa [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-7-21 21:13:58 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-22 00:02:54 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-22 12:01:27 |Display all floors

Europe's Fear of the Burqa is cause by their own fear of muslim

their is always some religious extreme on both side. this event just show some european are racist. disregarding the freedom of choice to wear something of their own choice.

people bad mount china about free speech but every have to right to wear want they want do want ever they want. how is a women wearing burga hurting anyone. if they use the excuse that it can use to hide weapon. then i say anything can be use. like hat, bag, phone, car, your mom.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-22 18:48:13 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2010-7-22 13:17

I think stating your belief that 99% of you Usanians are in agreement that they want to speak their minds on every issue is grasping at straws meant for retard. ...

You still don't get it.  It's not that we always have to speak our minds about every issue - but we do want to retain that freedom in case we do.   If you don't understand this, you don't understand america at all.
I can absolutely hate and disagree with something that is said - as with the white supremacists, but I would die to fight for their rights to say it.  If there is anything that americans will fight and die for, it would
be to protect our freedom of speech.  By dragging it out in the open and through the widespread of media, we actually did  the opposite of spreading hate (as with the KKK).  By giving them a voice, we all learned just how ignorant they are/ were.  Now being a racist is associated with having a 6th grade education.  All you have to do is listen to them for 5 minutes and understand just how uneducated they are.  That's a good thing.  It's called - give 'em enough rope and they will hang themselves.  Instead of sweeping hatred under the rug - we like to confront it head on.  Say what you feel and let that be open for public debate.  If your views are not valid, they will be torn down by logical objections.  This is how it works here and we're not changing that for anyone.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-22 19:37:22 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2010-7-22 13:21

Goode!

We don't need discriminatory bans against members of one religious faith but not against others.

The BUrqua ban is discriminatory; all legitimate needs that call for Muslim women  ...

Look there are underground S&M groups that I'm sure would like to go out in public with slave collars, ball-gags, and having women on all fours walking like dogs.
I don't think you would have a problem with banning that  or calling it discriminatory.  The burqa is a symbol of religious extremism, a symbol of hatred and oppression.
But, I guess you if there were no bans, it would be a lot easier to find potential terrorists.  Just follow any woman home wearing a burqa and you'll find a home where
religious extremism is alive and well.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-23 21:39:05 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2010-7-23 13:55
51:
'The burqa is a symbol of religious extremism,...'

IT's statement such as this - from underinformed, over-sensitive individuals that worry me!

Who the hell gives YOU the right to make s ...

How is it NOT a symbol of extremism?  It's rise in popularity is in step with the rise in muslin extremism.  
Covering up your entire body like that so men can't find you attractive IS extremism.  I can't think of any other word to describe.
You're going through extreme measures to comply with some crazy ideal that women, just being natural, will bring on sexual attacks from males,
and somehow that is all justified as long as you're 'asking for it' by not covering your entire body.  

If you don't see that as extremism, I can't help you.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

chairman has been deleted
Post time 2010-7-23 21:39:50 |Display all floors

....note to help readers...

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.