Views: 2828|Replies: 14

China lowers dairy protein levels to curb melamine [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-7-15 15:13:47 |Display all floors
How absurd it is to lower the milk's protein levels requirements to prevent farmers from adding melamine! It seems that there is no effective way to prevent the poisonous milk.

China has lowered dairy plants' required protein levels for raw milk as a way of discouraging farmers from adding the industrial chemical melamine to bolster protein-test readings, health ministry officials said.

Despite investigations and prohibitions against melamine use in dairy products, melamine-laced milk products are still being found, underscoring the persistence of food safety problems in China.

As recently as last week, authorities seized 64 metric tons of milk powder and products containing the chemical in the northwest Gansu and Qinghai provinces, and suspected tainted powder also turned up in the country's northeast, Xinhua news agency reported.

Melamine's high nitrogen content makes protein levels appear higher when added to milk or animal feed.

The new minimum protein level for raw milk was lowered to 2.8 percent from the previous standard of 2.95 percent, health ministry officials said.

The new standard is more realistic, in part because many dairy cows are fed with low-quality feed that leads to low protein levels, Wu Heping, secretary general of Heilongjiang Dairy Association, said at a health ministry news conference on Tuesday.

"The 2.8 percent level is based on a lot of data collected after an investigation by the agriculture ministry and is most suitable for China's current economic development," said Wang Zhutian, a health expert at the conference.

http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/90001/90776/90882/7066548.html

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-15 17:13:38 |Display all floors
I suggest "multiple executions" for more multiple deterrent.

Every corrupt melamine puncher should be hanged, electrocuted, injected, shot and then fed to the cows.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-15 17:45:17 |Display all floors
I would suggest whoever are behind it, giving supports to these terrorist groups,
often with finances for hiring people doing these dirty attacks,
check all their business backgrounds, if they have business interests in the greater China,
do all things possible to cripple their business interests in China,
yes, bankrupt them if possible,
thus restricting their financial supports & hitting back at them,
and warn all future attacks would be matched with severe retaliations.
Please don't shoot, I'm just a babe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-16 10:55:20 |Display all floors

Reply #3 correction's post

Need to import, increase stock of Correct Dairy Cattle breeds, and introduce FEEDSTOCK SYSTEM for dairy production!

hmmmm

In the meantime, just reduce the "dietary requirement" to prevent "cheating" by Farmers!

Yup!

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-16 10:56:15 |Display all floors

In feedstock system - you can choose the diet of the cow!

So, can control quality of the milk produced!
But, you also need the right genes!

ha ha ha

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-16 10:58:15 |Display all floors

Remember mad cow disease, they make European, American

.......cattle canibalistic to enhance protein diet!

I reckon, those SHARK CATCH could be used, but as they say "meat from the predator" end tend to ACCUMULATE toxins, instead of primary meat source!

So, that needs screening too!

hmmmm

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-16 13:30:00 |Display all floors
Why is China so obsessed with Milk anyway? the West is but that's due to massive advertising compaigns from the Dairy industry. You can get calcium and everythign else from vegetables and other healthy foods. Milk is for babies to fatten them up and the chemicals and hormones in milk (not counting melamine) are incredibly bad for humans...

Never understood people's need for Milk and yogurt... I eat Cheese but only small amounts and haven't drank milk or yogurt in 15 years. My yearly check ups say I'm very healthy.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.