Views: 4660|Replies: 31

Faulty, Don't Buy iPhone4 [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-7-14 09:18:21 |Display all floors
Consumer Reports Slams New iPhone

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB ... 63011516770540.html

[excerpt]

Consumer Reports said its tests show a hardware defect causes the iPhone 4 to lose reception when held a certain way, challenging Apple Inc.'s claims that the problem is rooted in software that can be easily fixed.

The product-quality watchdog said Monday it can't recommend the newest iPhone despite otherwise high marks, dinging a company that for many shoppers can do no wrong. It was the first time Consumer Reports has failed to give the thumbs up for an Apple phone.

Apple redesigned the iPhone for this release, putting the antenna on the outside in a metal band running around the frame. But the unusual design puts the antenna in closer contact with hands and fingers, which antenna experts said makes it susceptible to signal problems.

Consumer Reports said it had tested other smartphones in its labs, including the previous iPhone 3GS model as well as the Palm Pre, and found none showed the same loss of signal as the iPhone 4.

"Our findings call into question the recent claim by Apple that the iPhone 4's signal-strength issues were largely an optical illusion caused by faulty software," Consumer Reports wrote in a blog post.

Apple didn't respond to requests for comment.
the one 00.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-14 09:25:13 |Display all floors

another no QC gadget from apple...

the iphone4 or G4 is still using the generation 3/G3 technology, and there's just no sense of buyin this G4 with G3 technology in it...and trust me a class A law suit will follow pretty soon  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-14 09:30:19 |Display all floors
that's a pain... I'd like to buy an iPhone for my gf but really can't tell whether I should buy a iPhone 3 GS or 4 now... so seems she has to wait until we know more

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-14 18:32:11 |Display all floors
LOL

Because you think people buy iphone for it's technical performance?

Of course no, no matter they read there are sht in a iphone, they are million still camping the whole night before the opening of the apple store to be the first to get it. No exception in China. Just look in the street, you'lll understand.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-14 18:36:36 |Display all floors

I love this aspect of capitalism

if it sucks it fails

if it is great you buy it

that is how it should be

A good company build its reputation on its products
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-14 19:13:26 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Everynowhere at 2010-7-14 09:30
that's a pain... I'd like to buy an iPhone for my gf but really can't tell whether I should buy a iPhone 3 GS or 4 now... so seems she has to wait until we know more

3GS is just fine,
not so much difference technically.
Just make shure to jailbreak
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-14 19:14:31 |Display all floors
Ha, LC is back....thought the "death bed" finally succeeded over you^^
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.