Author: polaris1120

Scams and Scandal Shadow Expo [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-7-13 23:11:47 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2010-7-13 18:14
From the CHINA DAILY, Friday, 9 July, 2010:

FAKE SOUVENIRS HURT GENUINE EXPERIENCE

Expo organizers have vowed to stop the sale of fake Expo memorabilia in and around the Expo Garden to guaran ...

I wish the organisers success and good luck.

Souvenirs.  Is there such a thing as genuine and fake souvenirs?

Are the fakes good imitation?

How much cheaper are they ?
永垂不朽

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-13 23:23:01 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2010-7-13 18:17
And here is - for balance's sake! - a good news, also from the CD 9 July:

GUESTS SAY LINES WORTH WAIT

About 87 percent of visitors to the Expo Garden found their visits worthwhile, a recent N ...

You got it WRONG.  It is NOT the "Lines" worth waiting but the EXPERIENCE at the Expo that is worthwhile.

However, I think THIS EXPERIENCE can be improved if --

the queues can be removed,

the Expo can be opened for an EXTENDED period of at least another 6 months, and

MORE queues can be opened based on the demands and popularity of the Pavilions.

Don't be so rigid.

Don't use your inflexibility to start finding fault.
永垂不朽

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-13 23:26:43 |Display all floors
Originally posted by chopsticks11 at 2010-7-13 23:23

You got it WRONG.  It is NOT the "Lines" worth waiting but the EXPERIENCE at the Expo that is worthwhile.

However, I think THIS EXPERIENCE can be improved if --

th ...

If you remove the queues you`ll have chaos......everybody wanting in...rushing,pushing, shoving....no room inside to enjoy the pavillions. Stupid idea of yours.....why not removing queues in supermarkets....let the strongest survive. With the queues there's order and equal chances for everybody. Otherwise bullies would make their way in and families with children or old people would lose.
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-13 23:39:38 |Display all floors

spain bull run at the shanghai EXPO...

Originally posted by Alex2010 at 2010-7-13 07:26

If you remove the queues you`ll have chaos......everybody wanting in...rushing,pushing, shoving....no room inside to enjoy the pavillions. Stupid idea of yours.....why not removing queues in  ...

removin the stanchions is like letting the stempede goin free  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-13 23:49:36 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Alex2010 at 2010-7-13 23:26

If you remove the queues you`ll have chaos......everybody wanting in...rushing,pushing, shoving....no room inside to enjoy the pavillions. Stupid idea of yours.....why not removing queues in  ...

Hey, Stinking Monkey

That is EXACTLY what I said in my earlier post on the hosting of the Expo being intervened by the INTERNATIONAL Committee which ditactes and puts all the constraints on the Chinese host.

The QUEUES simply MANIFEST the foreigners' DISTRUST OF THE CHINESE PEOPLE.

That I knew, LONG AGO.

This has always been the order of the world with Westerners.  That is WHY our world is so unsafe.

Simple to understand?

If not, it means I'd better stayed away from you guys and never go to a Westerners' hot spot.
永垂不朽

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-13 23:53:46 |Display all floors
Originally posted by chopsticks11 at 2010-7-13 23:49

Hey, Stinking Monkey

That is EXACTLY what I said in my earlier post on the hosting of the Expo being intervened by the INTERNATIONAL Committee which ditactes and puts al ...

You know what? In Germany we don`t need iron railings to make people line up........

You are naive....especially in China you`ll have chaos. Damn, I have witnessed situations.....people pushing and shoving into elevators although there were little kids being nearly smashed, fighting over the last place into the elevator, getting in and off the bus,subway etc......yeah, really "orderly"^^ ...........

And the queueing up is not a "Western thing"...it`s just the most effective method to bring order in it.
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-13 23:55:21 |Display all floors
Originally posted by youknowhat at 2010-7-13 23:39

removin the stanchions is like letting the stempede goin free  

You know what?  I think you need to be chained up.
永垂不朽

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.