Author: polaris1120

Scams and Scandal Shadow Expo [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-7-11 16:39:34 |Display all floors

Ummmm, uhhhhh....

Originally posted by Alex2010 at 2010-7-11 16:18

It`s neither of it. Or does he own the copyright of a term widely used in the English language?! ^^  lol

"lol"

Don't you mean 'Chuckle, chuckle, chuckle'?

Chuckle, chuckle, chuckle...!!!!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-11 16:39:53 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ganzhuolin at 2010-7-11 16:35

They make you sound like a moron....!

Chuckle, chuckle, chuckle....and chuckle,,,,!

That`s right....so I finally got you to see that too. Honestly, who with a clear state of mind has to put "chuckle,chuckle,chuckle" into nearly each and every post?! ^^
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-11 16:41:45 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ganzhuolin at 2010-7-11 16:39

"lol"

Don't you mean 'Chuckle, chuckle, chuckle'?

Chuckle, chuckle, chuckle...!!!!!!

So you not only sound like a moron, you indeed are one?!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-11 17:09:26 |Display all floors

Ummm, uhhhhh.....

Originally posted by Alex2010 at 2010-7-11 16:39

That`s right....so I finally got you to see that too. Honestly, who with a clear state of mind has to put "chuckle,chuckle,chuckle" into nearly each and every post?! ^^

"That`s right....so I finally got you to see that too."

Yes, indeed, I finally got to see that you're a moron....for copying my.... uhhhh.....Chuckle, chuckle, chuckle....!

Chuckle, chuckle, chuckle....!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-11 17:11:24 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Alex2010 at 2010-7-11 16:41

!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-11 17:17:36 |Display all floors

You ask a question....

Originally posted by Alex2010 at 2010-7-11 16:41

You mean you're not sure....?  Awww, come on, don't be shy. Speak your mind....tell us what you think! I'm a moron or not...? Try not to be obvious in your answer. Try to be honest, which is much harder...much....

Chuckle, chuckle, chuckle....!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-11 17:19:15 |Display all floors

Reply #36 ganzhuolin's post

I am NOT surprised by what happened at Shanghai Expo and all the criticisms that people loved to and conveniently lash out on the Chinese visitors at the Expo.

So, I understand that the Shanghai Expo is an INTERNATIONAL event and China was awarded by the INTERNATIONAL Committee of the Expo to host the event.

I can imagine the PRESSURE that the Chinese organizers are under with all those RULES, CONDITIONS AND RESTRAINTS that the Committee imposed upon the Chinese host and “forced” the host to accept and meet WITHOUT CONSIDERATION to the customers, i.e. the Chinese people who make up the BULK of the visitors.

As the article says, "But, like perhaps any event of this scale, the six-month Expo has also been a ..." In other words any event of this scale anywhere in the world is likely to suffer similar problems. So what was the purpose of the thread when the article clearly implied it could happen anywhere with an event of this scale? Obviously it is to provoke....

Right on and absolutely agree with you -- "event of this scale”.  But the problem is that we will NEVER see this “scale” repeat in any other countries with the standard to host the events.

Even in the West, they are facing a greying and dwindling population.  Their women are not reproducing enough of the next generation to replace or grow themselves.  To see a repeat of this SCALE in the West?  I am not hopeful.

So, it is only in China that we get to see EVENT OF THIS SCALE and THAT IS WHY it is a MISTAKE that the International Committee and all those concerned should intervene and dictate how the Chinese manages the event.

"Queue up” to enter a Pavilion?  Is this happening in all the other world Expo as well?

I doubt so.

So, Why China and why the Chinese?  The answer is not difficult to find.

The Chinese people’s response to all these restrictions and constraints are only natural.  So, first we have to be fair to them before we blame them.

Having engaged in previous discussions on the Expo, I had come to acknowledge 2 MAJOR mistakes at the Expo.

First, the “queue-up” system is a MISTAKE.  

Time is MONEY.  If the Chinese people are as CALCULATING as the Westerners, do you know HOW MUCH all this time wasted on QUEUING UP would have been translated into in terms of COSTS?

Obviously, the Chinese are too smart for this.

Second, the 6-month period allocated for Shanghai Expo is simply TOO SHORT which only creates all this rush by the Chinese and foreign visitors.

The organisers should extend the Expo for another 6 months in the least to cater for all the Chinese keen to visit the Expo.

THIRD and this is what I just learned in this thread that the organisers actually created a SEPARATE queue for the DISABLED.  WHY?

I know Seneca did suggest separate queues for the disabled, for the pregnant women and for the elderly.  Did the organisers actually take his suggestion and started different queues for the visitors based on their needs ??

Do you know how FLAWED this suggestion is?

Really, if the organisers can create a queue for the DISABLED, why can’t they create MORE queues for the NORMAL visitors?

With more queues, they not only SHORTEN the length of each queue but make ALL the visitors happy!  

Wouldn’t this be a BETTER idea than to give preferential treatment to some (DISCRIMINATION) and encourage people to tweak the rules that we now see you CRITICISE them for doing what little commonsense takes?

Reply to Polaris:  I see you are a good contributor to this Forum based on the numerous topics you raise, whether they are in favour of or against China and the Chinese people.  But I also notice that you are more often than not, a cut-and-paste poster who seems contented to be PASSIVE than be in active discussions.  I hope you can change, like you think the Chinese people should change.

I hope we can hear more of your views and arguments and, not just your cut-and-paste.  
永垂不朽

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.