Post time 2010-7-7 09:17:18 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-7 10:48:20 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-7 15:34:05 |Display all floors

endangered languages

I would think this list would be much longer- indigenous people from all over the world

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-7 15:36:58 |Display all floors
Originally posted by kuru at 2010-7-7 15:34
I would think this list would be much longer- indigenous people from all over the world

Yes, but the topic is: The 18!!! MOST endangered languages^^
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-7 16:27:43 |Display all floors
Originally posted by NEtigress at 2010-7-7 08:18 AM

" Pazeh is spoken by Taiwan's indigenous tribe". This is the first time I hear of this language and the tribe, thanks for the information. But it is in Taiwan. How can PRC do somethin ...

Hi, I first thought of putting it as Taiwanese government. But later thought that there is no country called Taiwan. Taiwan is a part of China. Hence I thought it would be better to put it as PRC.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-7 16:30:41 |Display all floors
Originally posted by manoj10 at 2010-7-7 16:27

Hi, I first thought of putting it as Taiwanese government. But later thought that there is no country called Taiwan. Taiwan is a part of China. Hence I thought it would be better to put it as PRC.

Difficult, isn`t it?! ^^ But as long as you don`t see the "wuxing hongqi" above Taipeh or PLA soldiers marching through the streets there Twan IS an independent country. I know that might hurt some feelings here....but look at reality at the moment.
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-8 00:30:11 |Display all floors
Always remember this. Taiwan is only part of China when we say we are part of you. The very fact that a lot of Chinese say it day in day out that Taiwan is not a country and is part of "us" is what drives Taiwanese people away from China.

I am Taiwanese and although I want the best for China. Taiwan will be Taiwan for a long time and the best thing Chinese Govt can do is try using its soft power to win the heart of the Taiwanese people.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.