Author: wetac0s

Fighting Pedophilia in Asia [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-7-9 21:27:28 |Display all floors

why is it that Westeners are the apologists for this crime

it is absolutely rife in China

Wetty hardly even goes to the mother country, yet claims expertise on the issue

Any sane individual knows that this issue, dispassionately, exists mostly where there is poverty

It is rare that a real Chinese will argue that kiddie fiddling is a Western phenomenon

Rich Chinese get to fiddle to their heart's content

The issue is exploitation and a power differential

Not about skin
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-9 21:33:20 |Display all floors

Reply #48 lebeast's post

I don't get your meaning.

I don't discuss here what Chinese do or don't do in this field, because I just don't know it; but when Westerners go to South-East Asia to do with children what they would never dare in their own countries, then this is something the "West", as a community that shares the same morals and values", has to be deeply ashamed of.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-9 21:42:02 |Display all floors
Originally posted by bern2009 at 2010-7-9 23:03
Reply #48 lebeast's post

I don't get your meaning.

I don't discuss here what Chinese do or don't do in this field, because I just don't know it; but when Westerners go to South-East Asia to do with children what they would never dare in their own countries, then this is something the "West", as a community that shares the same morals and values", has to be deeply ashamed of..

You don't discuss what Chinese do or don't do because this is expected of you. You can be ashamed of your own kind freely, but you can't see that there is more to it than that. See it how it is.
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-9 21:50:38 |Display all floors

have to admit somethin here...

we all kno for sure the WEST is always ahead of the time (couldnt argue it more)  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-9 21:53:32 |Display all floors
I don't know what is done in China in this field because I'm not living there, and nobody told me about it.

Why this is "expected of me", I don't know. Normally, I'm not known as the one who praises everything that is done in China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-9 21:54:21 |Display all floors
Originally posted by youknowhat at 2010-7-9 21:50
we all kno for sure the WEST is always ahead of the time (couldnt argue it more)  
And what's the meaning of this sentence, Mr. Nonsense?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-9 21:57:47 |Display all floors

lemme be brave this time...

Originally posted by bern2009 at 2010-7-9 05:54
And what's the meaning of this sentence, Mr. Nonsense?

nonsense might just be my style of sayin thing here at least...what i meant was the west's always far ahead of thinkin & doin thing...and that's just the nature of the beast  

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.