Author: wetac0s

Fighting Pedophilia in Asia [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-7-9 22:01:01 |Display all floors
I actually believe that sexual child abuse is quite common in the none-white world, too.

The difference is, that Europe and other Western countries acknowledge the problem and deal with it openly.

In other cultures the problem is covered up, sometimes a face-losing issue, sometimes even an accepted tradition (marriage of minors).

These cultures do not acknowledge to have that problem.

To understand what I mean look at the way AIDS/HIV had been either covered up or acknowledged in certain countries.

I am refusing to acknowledge that this is a purely Western phenomena - it is just perfectly fitting to the overall anti-western agenda.

[ Last edited by faqfaq at 2010-7-9 10:02 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-9 22:08:00 |Display all floors

Reply #55 faqfaq's post

I agree that it is used to fuel some anti-Western resentments.

But apart from this, such things do happen, but must not happen. So they definitely should be discussed.

I don't know if it exists to an equal extent in Asian countries or not. But if the conditions are "favorable", then it will be found there too.

One remark: Marriage of minors is not necessarily child abuse, i.e. sexual activities due to a preference for minors. In many cases, this "tradition" might also be rooted in dynasty and legacy considerations.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-9 22:08:33 |Display all floors

but here we're talkin bout spreadin rapidly...

Originally posted by faqfaq at 2010-7-9 06:01
I actually believe that sexual child abuse is quite common in the none-white world, too.

The difference is, that Europe and other Western countries acknowledge the problem and deal with it openl ...

ev'rybody does it why cant JOHN kinda thingy thing; some cultures are contain within their community but the west is most likely spreadin em like the H1N1 recently just happened  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-9 22:14:20 |Display all floors
I know for sure that a considerable number of Japanese "tourist" are involved in child abuse in the Philippines.

What I am not so sure about is, whether the Japanese government is dealing with that problem in the same (open) way as for example European countries do.

That way Japanese abuses going quite unnoticed, whereas European governments do prosecute their own citizens even the crime happens abroad.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-9 22:17:35 |Display all floors

Reply #58 faqfaq's post

European governments have started prosecuting them, yes. But one has to admit that till a few years ago, this was not often the case. When somebody had abused a child abroad (outside of Europe, I mean), chances were high that nothing happened to him.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-9 22:20:02 |Display all floors

problem is not dealin openly or not...

Originally posted by faqfaq at 2010-7-9 06:14
I know for sure that a considerable number of Japanese "tourist" are involved in child abuse in the Philippines.

What I am not so sure about is, whether the Japanese government is deal ...

but the question is...will they be slowin down a little (to ask em to stop is totally insane in the membrane) for the kids to catch up & realize there's no free lunch voucher outhere at any given time of the year  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-9 22:24:05 |Display all floors
Originally posted by bern2009 at 2010-7-9 22:17
European governments have started prosecuting them, yes. But one has to admit that till a few years ago, this was not often the case. When somebody had abused a child abroad (outside of Europe, I m ...

That is unfortunately true. I am also ashamed of these things happening and every new case is one case too much.

I only have the feeling that all Westerners are seen as Barbarians (which includes pedophile). In an open society those scandals are a feast for the "independent media",
and that is okay with me.

On the other hand we do know that in "tightly controlled societies" you only see the tip of the iceberg, before the iceberg gets to close to ignore it.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.