- Registration time
- Last login
- Online time
- 38350 Hour
- Reading permission
Thank you for your persistent support to chinadaily forum! In order to achieve a more friendly atmosphere and better communication for all the formunities, we are recruiting moderators for each sub-board of Leisure Time board and Overseas Students' family board.
If you are interested in being our moderator please read following information.
Basic requirements for moderator application:
1. Have a good command of English and the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming), preferably have previous forum moderation experience.
2. Be interested in the forum board you have applied, preferably be well known by members of the applied forum board.
3. Have certain level of management capability.
4. Have sufficient time to go online (minimum 8 hours a day); Capable of manage and maintain the responsible board on time.
5. Obey orders from webmaster, capable of being a team player.
6. Enjoy helping forum members, being energetic and responsible to his work, being fair and humble when servicing others.
Responsibilities of moderator:
1. Post and initiate new topics of interest in the board that you moderate; stimulate the creative response of members to promote interest and participation within your board; steer a discussion in a direction that does not incite hatred or pose serious conflicts.
2. Manage discussion thread, to ensure all threads are properly handled as per the management guideline set for this forum. These include delete, move, lock, sticky, and recommended reading.
3. Handle and solve situations involving troublesome users with speed. You should be on the internet most days of the week, so you can solve problems users have as swiftly as possible.
4. Responsible for promoting the forum and help in the recruitment of new members.
About application of moderator:
If you're interested in becoming a moderator of chinadaily forums, please send us the following information via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. Which board you'd like moderating and your thoughts on the forum or the board.
2. Your previous history with chinadaily.com (how long you've been visiting and how often).
3. Previous forum moderation experience you've had or why you'd make a good moderator.
4. Some basic info about yourself (who you are, what you do, your interests, your web site if you have one).
We are looking for those who are both interested in and qualified to be moderators to join us.