Author: satsu_jin

Foxconn Plans Plant With 300,000 Workers in Central China's Henan Province [Copy link] 中文

Gold Medal

Post time 2010-6-29 15:20:06 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greendragon at 2010-6-29 13:58

1. Foxconn will need 'GUARANTEES" from local labour unions - no wage increase for at least 10 years, from my calculations! (to make it viable! I am sure, they will also ask for concessions!
Copy code

I believe that nobody will give such guarantees. Maybe for one -, max. two years but not for ten. It depends on the overall economic development, in particular the CPI.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-29 15:27:49 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-30 12:02:14 |Display all floors

Reply #14 satsu_jin's post

MARVELLOUS!

Wa ha ha ha

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-30 12:05:54 |Display all floors

Urban service industries needs SKILL, KNOWHOW....

...........and entrepreuners!

This would mean a lot of INVESTMENT needed to create the chains of service centres, supermarkets, fresh food stores, restaurants, coffee shop, beer house, Meat houses..........

What is the STRATEGIES of the various municipal governments to develop such industry - very critical for urban living?

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2010-7-7 12:52:50 |Display all floors

Foxconn Technology to build Chengdu production base

Foxconn Technology Group, one of the world's largest manufacturers of electronic products, plans to invest US$5 billion to build a production base in Chengdu in Southwest China's Sichuan Province, the West China Metropolis Daily yesterday.

The newspaper said that Foxconn had reached an agreement with the Chengdu municipal government.

Foxconn, which plans to hire 100,000 people for its Chengdu production base, has started to hire 1,000 people in Chengdu, at a minimum monthly salary of RMB 1,590.

Media already reported late last month that the group plans to set up a new plant with 300,000 workers in Hebi, Henan Province.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-7 13:49:03 |Display all floors

Reply #19 satsu_jin's post

It's much bigger than my estimated Rmb 8 billion to relocate 150,000 workers from Shenzen!
Now Foxconn suggest Rmb 35 billion to build new facilities to hire 100,000 in Chengdu only, or does that include the 300,000 in Hebi, Henan! So, it would be Rmb80,000 a head investment is Hebi, Henan is included in the calculations!

ha ha ha

What's the concessions being offered in Sichuan, and Henan?
Land, Buildings, Dormitories, cheap electric power supply.......

hmmmm

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-7 13:50:26 |Display all floors

I think Sichuan and Henan is a better location for Foxconn!

They can expect to be able to function on Rmb1,500 a month wages for longer time!

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.