Author: satsu_jin

Western media play along in the disinformation game [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-7-2 00:34:39 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ZhangKuang at 2010-7-1 21:20
There is no such thing like "world opinion" !!!

touchy touchy... this is usual the kind of reaction from someone who is in denial after being shocked to something not concurring and contradicting with his ideal world Just the possibility of such a thing existing, the horror.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2010-7-2 09:03:48 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2010-7-1 21:37

1. I personally believe a lot of this anti-Occidentalism is caused by a handful of mighty press czars such as Rupert Murdoch and that guy, B.lo.omberg, who control media around the world.
Copy code

B.loo..mberg is no common media network. It's a financial news and data service and hardly reports much about events outside the field of economy. A comparison with the Murdoch empire can hardly be made.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-2 15:48:51 |Display all floors

the only soild media that try to tell the true basic on some fact.

is only NPR. sad to say but every media beside NPR is full of hate and stupid fool going crazy. example CNN, FOX, most of the people in the government.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-2 23:23:07 |Display all floors

Western media has morphed into a disinformation and propaganda monster...Pt.3

Referring back to Pt2. post #86

Jesse Ventura in the interview spoke of his admiration of another US military man, a Foster Prowley (?), Crowley (?)....(sounds like one of those. For the life of me I can't remember the exact name). Anyway Ventura said that he had read all of this gentleman's books and one quote of his stuck out; to paraphrase, Things just don't happen by chance. They're planned. It's clear what Ventura was implying...

An article in the Huffington Post Online, 05-13-08, carries this headline "Pentagon "Media Analysts" Appeared On Major Networks Or Were Quoted More Than 4,500"

The article talks of a NY Times story revealing "the deep ties between numerous media military analysts and the Pentagon and defense industries." But curiously as the Huffpost article went on to add, "HuffPost's Jason Linkins noted at the time that neither the Times nor other major media outlets had worked to advance the story, or apologize for their role in potentially spreading government propaganda."

Then this summation"
"A Media Matters review found that since January 1, 2002, the analysts named in the Times article -- many identified as having ties to the defense industry -- collectively appeared or were quoted as experts more than 4,500 times on ABC, ABC News Now, CBS, CBS Radio Network, NBC, CNN, CNN Headline News, Fox News, MSNBC, CNBC, and NPR."

And yet none of these news organisations reported these analysts as having ties, or seeking contracts with the Pentagon? Was this all by chance? Or planned? And who gains? Clearly the Pentagon does, as does the armament industries.

Is there any foreign state that benefits from this? Israel does, to the tune of 2.5 to 3 billion $$$$ annually in US aid, the vast majority being military aid. The US miitray-industrial complex has a vested interest in perpetuating Israel's siege mentality in the Middle East. Wasn't it Cheney who once spoke of 'perpetual war' against terorism? Again who gains if not the militray-industrial complex?

As for the US media (and the west by influence) there is the very controversial and contentious issue that Jews control the US media.  Both the pros and cons are strident in their stances. Whatever the truth is both concede that Jews are well represented in these mega media organisations. The questions beg, "What influence do they have in the shaping of the news?" "What are their allegiances?" Are these questions valid? Or are they anti-semitic? Especially in view of what's at stake world wide?

“Every time we do something you tell me America will do this and will do that . . . I want to tell you something very clear: Don’t worry about American pressure on Israel. We, the Jewish people, control America, and theAmericans know it.” Israeli Prime Minister, Ariel Sharon to Shimon Peres, October 3, 2001, as reported on Kol Yisrael radio.

Who benefits from this political menage a trois of the Pentagon, the armaments industry and the media?

In the middle east it is Israel. Is that why Aljazeera was founded years ago? For a semblance of balance?

Where China is concerned who benefits with the propaganda that China is a 'threat'? The Pentagon and the armamnets industry do. Why else does the Pentagon, in their annual reports, always cite China as a growing threat, if not to squeeze more money from an american public already made ignorant by a media manipulated by the Pentagon?

Is that why CNC World, the 24hours english news channel of Xinhua News agency, was launched just a couple days ago...? For balance....

Finally, it's ironical that Smedley Butler (post #73), Eisenhower, and this Foster ((Prowley, Crowley (?)) were all Pentagon military men warning against this kind of situation. One can only suppose that those were the days when the Pentagon was really the Pentagon. Today that has changed. Just as western media has morphed, the Pentagon of yesteryear has also morphed....into the Penta-goon...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-2 23:33:06 |Display all floors

No problem....

Originally posted by expatter at 2010-7-1 01:47
Many thanks for those very interesting thoughts.

The time you have put in will be lost on most.

But, for myself I am very much appreciative.

Thank you .................   

"The time you have put in will be lost on most."

That is probably true. Not appreciated either...

You are more than welcome...

(my recent bit on this is in the filter. Hope it slips through...)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-2 23:50:50 |Display all floors
Originally posted by lebeast at 2010-7-1 15:37
that transplant organ availability can be correlated to the number of executions of death row prisoners in China that is not a straw man all governments lie, and media is the servant of the l ...

Do you count the MILLIONS executed in Iraq and Afg? Do you have a brain?

I think this shows that the West has no respect for human rights. We have seen the profound racist bias and political bias of the BBC, AP, etc. If you check the BBC site, they have a big story about the Amnasty lashes out at China for the brainless XJ riot last year. In shocking contrast, there is zero report on the millions executed by their troops in Afg and Iraq. How about Gaza, how many have been executed directly and indirectly by the West? How long has the protest been lasting there? If you look at the US immigration policy discriminating Chinese, you find that the core of the West is self-surpremacy. For Amnesty Int, only discrimination against Chinese people are good. To the profound religious racist bigots at Amnesty, Chinese people are secondary humans less to their superior Europeans. Like the US Visa bulletin is demonstrating right now.

Shame, thorough shame to each racist bigot in the Amnasty International. Shame to the racist and political bigots like Cara Anna of AP.

[ Last edited by timbatu at 2010-7-2 11:54 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-2 23:51:07 |Display all floors

I used to listen to NPR...

Originally posted by drakninja at 2010-7-2 15:48
is only NPR. sad to say but every media beside NPR is full of hate and stupid fool going crazy. example CNN, FOX, most of the people in the government.

I haven't been able to for quite a while now. But I hear from others that it's not the same as it used to be. That it's now living off it's once good reputation...like the BBC....

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.