Author: timbatu

Crisis Looming for China K-12 Schools [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-6-25 23:10:40 |Display all floors
Originally posted by timbatu at 2010-6-25 19:55
I asked a number of young Westerners: if each book costs 5 yuan, how much does it cost to buy 10 books?

All, except for 1, told me the cost was 15 yuan.

China MUST NOT use this dumb  ...

Doubt that. Where were those "Westerners" from, what education did they have, how old etc. But I think you made that up.
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-25 23:49:47 |Display all floors

Reply # 39 - A Surprise?

Alex, some source said many people think the sun goes around the earth. What would be, say, the percentage of Americans who think so?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-25 23:54:19 |Display all floors
Originally posted by xinghai at 2010-6-25 23:49
Alex, some source said many people think the sun goes around the earth. What would be, say, the percentage of Americans who think so?

Definately not 90% like Timbo claimed here.....there are dumb people arround, but not 90% and defiantely not that dumb to not get 5x10 wrong.
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-26 03:59:31 |Display all floors

Kind of hard to be "devastated" when...

Originally posted by timbatu at 6/13/2010 08:16 PM
Crisis Looming for China K-12 Schools

I am devastated by the destruction of Chinese K-12 education system by Westernization.

... there is no "Chinese K-12 education system" to begin with:

ht tp://w ww.moe.e du.c n/english/laws_e.ht m

Quote:

The state shall adopt a nine-year compulsory education system.

Most education for most folks in P.R. China ends at completion of "Middle School".  "High School" in P.R. China is seen as a prep for University, and not compulsory for all students.  Those not seeking a University Degree after "Middle School" could go to "Vocational School" instead.
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-26 06:42:47 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tradervic at 2010-6-26 03:59
Quote:

The state shall adopt a nine-year compulsory education system.

Most education for most folks in P.R. China ends at completion of "Middle School".  "High School" in P.R. China is seen as a prep for University, and not compulsory for all students.  Those not seeking a University Degree after "Middle School" could go to "Vocational School" instead.

Your source is wrong as usual. Duh! I realize you are so clueless about China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-26 11:27:44 |Display all floors
SS, I am sure you want to turn us Chinese into some dumb alcoholic, just like ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-26 17:29:06 |Display all floors
In the US colleges, chairs and faculties fear lawsuits from students and parents. All cases of clear cheatings go unreported or unpunished. This is the reality of the US colleges.  In China, college professors were not evaluated by students, so they had more freedom when they saw students cheating.  The reality is, Chinese students cheat MUCH LESS!

It's amazing people try to state such blatantly obvious lies... Every time cheating comes up in class everyone agrees it's a big problem here... I assume you are denying it in the hopes that some new user here might actaully believe your ignorance.

Yes, students everywhere cheat, that's obvious. if caught in the West they are usually punished. If caught in China they are sometimes punished unles they are rich or have Guanxi.

That's the difference. you can deny it all your want and cry on and on about the evil foriegners but every Chinese teacher I have talked to in Chinese Universities has agreed it happens a lot here.

Things don't get better until you face the problems. Western Education has serious problems and no one wants to face them so our education is going down hill. Chinese education is the same, except it's not starting at a high position. If China wants to gain fame in the world for education they need to face their failings and start working to improve, just like the West.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.