Views: 7611|Replies: 13

I wonder the relationship of son and parents in WESTERN EUROPE [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-6-12 15:02:52 |Display all floors
I'm a chinese man. This year, I have trouble with my family, exactly my parents.
Last year I had a girlfriend at college. But my parents don't like her. They let me   leave my gf. I said I can't, because I know I love her.

So what should I do with this matter.
I don't let my parents down.
And my parents said , if I didn't say "goodbye" to that girl, they  would leave me alone .   They mean that  I should obey .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-12 15:43:04 |Display all floors
That wouldn't happen in the West the parents wouldn't interfere like that unless the girl was a really bad character.

Do what your heart tells you and ignore your parents. In my opinion they are stupid.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-12 16:13:25 |Display all floors
My parents tell me that they are more experienced than me.
They try to let me believe that they know more about the society.
Maybe I should consider their advice.

PS. my parents haven't seen my girlfriend, they just oppose after they see my gf's photo.   one reason is that my gf is ugly  .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-12 16:27:40 |Display all floors
HUShi,  a famous chinese scholar,  a liberalist, told me , as a son, I have my own life, I have my rights to decide my life, and parents can give me some suggestion , but they should not interfere my normal activity after I have been a adult.
I don't know whether I can do like that in China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-15 01:33:56 |Display all floors
This is emotional blackmail and 100% unfair.  Your parents are not acting with reason or logic.  Or even maturity. Talk to them calmly, patiently, and tell them you love them. Than ask why they are forcing you to choose between two sides (2 parents or gf), two sides that you love.

They should be able to respect the decisions you make, as an adult.

Ask them why they are forcing a grown man to do something against his heart.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-23 16:20:14 |Display all floors
Ask them for reasons. If they are truely doing this because they are more knowledgable about society they must have reasons. ugly isn't a reason, lots of ugly people have great relationships and marriages.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-24 15:16:39 |Display all floors
Maybe they have their reasons and you should believe that they always love you ,you can ask them for the reason, maybe they are right,they have more living practice than you .

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.