Author: luckyducky

White man / Asian woman fetish/ disease [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-7-14 15:32:38 |Display all floors
90 Percent of the Victims of Violence Are Women

"There are generally two different kinds of breakups that involve violence. In one case, one may be threatened or beaten for raising the issue of divorce. In the other, one may ask for a divorce due to ongoing domestic violence, which may lead to greater violence," said Chen Min, a researcher at the Institute of Applied Laws under the supreme people's court.

"If you want a breakup, I will beat you to death" is how an abuser usually thinks. According to Shu Qiulu from the research department of Yuelu district court in Changsha Province, Zhang Lifang applied to divorce her husband because of his male chauvinism and relationship problems. A few days after the application, Zhang was severely beaten by her husband when she was taking a walk near her mother's home. Her husband did not leave until she called the local police. Before leaving, he threatened to beat her to death and then commit suicide afterwards. Zhang feared for her own safety.

Chen sued to divorce her husband in Chong'an district court, Wuxi city, on July 22. Chen said that her husband Xu divorced her before because she could not bear any children. They later resumed their marriage under the advice of family and friends. Chen gave birth to a baby girl afterwards. Xu began to beat Chen only half a year after she had her daughter. "We could see from the bruise on her arms that she was under constant abuse," said an employee at the local court.

Luckily for the victims in both these cases, the court has extended the protection of personal safety in such cases before the court has heard the case. Other victims of domestic violence can see hope thereof.

Domestic violence is a global issue that needs to be addressed. Domestic violence occurs in about 29.7 percent to 35.7 percent of Chinese families. More than 90 percent of the victims are women. According to a study, 35.7 percent of the women who were detained in Haidian, Fengtai, Shunyi, and Chaoyang district jails between May 10 and June 10, 2005, had been victims of domestic violence before they were taken into custody..
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-14 15:33:30 |Display all floors
Wife beating, regarded in traditional Chinese values as the private affair of a family that should not be intervened in, is becoming increasingly a target of social protest and government regulations.

Rong Weiyi, a professor at the Beijing-based Chinese People's Public Security University, said domestic violence, of which wives are the most common victims, is drawing wider attention of society in China.

Women activists believe it is imperative to set up an anti-family violence network led by governments, with the participation of women's federations, law enforcement organs and communities.

According to a survey conducted by the China Law Institute in Gansu, Hunan and Zhejiang provinces, one third of surveyed families have witnessed family violence, in 85 percent of which women were victims.

The survey showed that domestic violence, both physical and mental, can occur in families of any social class.

In traditional Chinese values, men played the dominant role both in the family and society, while women were expected to be subordinate to them, Rong said.

"Social acquiescence and tolerance of domestic violence is partly a result of such mentality," he said.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-14 15:34:19 |Display all floors
Edison.....let me guess, you as a traditional guy.........would you......?!^^

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-14 15:41:24 |Display all floors
Just FYI. To help you get some perspective on things.

in order to get out of poverty in china, pleasant looking and youthful chinese women are willing and prepared to marry themselves off to far away places to men who qualifies as their Grandfathers, regardless if the groom is Caucasian or overseas Chinese.

I am only a couple of years older than my lady wife.

So, don't tell me there's love and mutual affection in such relationships. For the very exact same reason (financial security), Chinese women also will blindly and willingly offer themselves a brides to westerners of other age groups.
Given her family background my wife would have had a much easier life had she stayed in China and lived off the generosity of her parents instead of trying to forge her own path with me in a foreign land. She made her decision neither blind nor uninformed of my profession or financial circumstance, believe me, I am educated but my family has never been rich.

With a white or black guy, if these girls demanded a break up, they probably get their faces beaten beyond recognition.

I would like to see what you base this on.

With their Chinese counterpart, they have the luxury of knowing that that is not going to happen because, in general, Chinese will not beat their women because it's just within their hereditary means and characteristics to do that.
They will hate but hardly ever beat their women.

You make it sound like hating your wife is fine. Wouldnt want to divorce her properly and lose face, just continue having a affair and ignore your ruined marriage.
The domestic violence saga of Mel Gibson probably gives us a sneak preview into the secrets of the towering and masculine white guy, or black for that matter.  It's like getting mixed up with the Mafia. Once you are in, you don't get out.

Mel Gibson is a tool, a violent drunkard. I guess in your vast experience you consider all non chinese to be the same.

Another factor: In China, the dowry demanded by the bride or bride's family is: a set of wheels, a pad, and a fat bank account. That's just beyond the reach of an average Chinese person who is on a monthly salary. But, to the average foreigners or overseas Chinese, if they have the free means to live as they do, then a set of wheel, a pad, and a fairy agreeable bank account is the bargaining and the purchasing power they definitely will have no problems in meeting.

I'm sorry, but the concept of a dowry was given away quite some time ago. As I said my wife married me for me, I didnt force her and she certainly knew that if her goal was to be rich and live off my "fat" accounts, then should would be sorely disapointed.

Yes, I do place responsibility here on Chinese authorities,

What?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-14 15:49:32 |Display all floors
No wonder they like us :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-14 21:02:40 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Alex2010 at 2010-7-13 23:31
BEIJING -- Domestic violence poses a severe threat to women's rights in China with the authorities receiving about 50,000 complaints annually, according to the figures released by the All-China Women's Federation (AF) on Saturday.

Hell! You haven't seen how these women fought back...

Generally, the men's come out of it, most all cases, black and blue and eyeballs popping out of their eye sockets instead because, the term "pick on someone your own size" applies here. With westerners/foreigners, these petite little dark haired purdy cats are easily over powered. Their only recourse: Obey and perform the duty they've bargained for -- any post any which position and the younger the better -- or get their heads smashed in...

They deserve it Man!!!

The figure meant one in every ten of the complaints or calls of complaint from the people to the AF and the local women federations is about domestic violence.

Ever since market reform, Chinese women are more and more following suite with western/foreign cultures, meaning they have picked up the nag of suing McDonald's for having gotten burnt by a hot cup of McDonald's brew...  Getting my drift here?

"The conjugal violence has grown into a potential threat to the social stability," said Jiang Yue'e, head of the AF's rights and interests department.

I like Jiang Yue. I think she's a pretty direct and straight forward personality. However, what Jiang Yue quotes is not her own words. Her words represent the position of the State and -- the Chinese State says "We MUST Shine the West's Shoes Otherwise The West Will Send Their Bite Dog -- The Human Rights Trouble Makers After Chinese Authorities!", TAM uprising for example..  Sorry, Mr. Helmsman, some of us just must speak the truth... Again, get the drift?

"It is also a major cause that leads to divorces and potential crimes."

Craps! Divorce is a western disease much like small pox and it's destroying China from the inside out. Divorce is a relatively new thing to China. It has been reported that people go through divorces for many reasons with economic hardship as its most prevalent and, for some reason, it is said that it (divorce in China) enables the parties to apply for certain State/social benefits which otherwise they don't qualify if married.

"The victims are mainly women and children, inflicting both physical and psychological pain on them," said her.

It used to be principally only fights between my sisters in-laws and my mother or my grandmother over who is the actual head of the household in the family. My brothers leaves the village for works and comes home only 3 or 4 times a years. Now, with women lib making its inroads into China and financial security as the driving force, i would not be surprised that it's now like a contagious disease and ravaging China city and countryside...

Western disease...  Yes, western disease... Small pox... Toxic Man! Antibiotics, people???
Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-14 22:26:47 |Display all floors

Originally posted by vorgal78 at 2010-7-13 23:41
I am only a couple of years older than my lady wife.

Good for the both of you because the communication does ease things somewhat. But, that doesn't mean that 'financial security' weren't the initial driving force and, like an illness, diabetes for examples, people inflicted with it learn to live with it.

Given her family background my wife would have had a much easier life had she stayed in China and lived off the generosity of her parents instead of trying to forge her own path with me in a foreign land.

Good for you she's truthful. Chinese females generally are faithful to whoever they marry, a black, a Hindu, a Hisbanic even, because they are not as daring as blondes, brunettes, blacks, or others, hence simply falls into the slot of the puzzel they been placed.

However, that does not mean she didn't offered herself initially on the bases of financial security and, the word "America" alone is more than cause for any Chinese women to get their feet in American soil.

Real life example: My wife's Uncle and his spouse both work as engineers for PetroChina, natural gas division, PRC, and now since retired. Their combine pension: roughly $10,000 USD annually. Good living by Chinese standards. Of course, they have subsidized housing as well. now, that's guaranteed colorful stuff for a Chinese family, wouldn't you agree?

Now, this is dedicated to those of our younger generation: The parents offered their daughter for marriage (lucky for her it's a Chinese guy working for high tech firm Pheonex AZ. She very happy), the new family's annual income gross over 200K USD. However, she could have married a Chinese guy who was filthy poor in China back then (university class mates) but opted for the Arizona man because the word America alone was more than the draw for both parent and daughter.

Now however, this Chinese guy had built himself an empire and grosses over 2 million USD annually in the PRC. The guy started a consulting firm for the oil and gas exploration industry in China 5 years after he entered the field after graduation and now filthy filthy rich.

I would like to see what you base this on.

Just look at any white women who marry a black guy and see if they ever break up. They'll get out the Nicole Simpson way, maybe, but definitely not many get out without having to go through some kinds of abuse or exploit. I think a lot of whites are going for yellows precisely because of this reason -- their women had been taken over by blacks. personal opinion only of course.

You make it sound like hating your wife is fine. Wouldnt want to divorce her properly and lose face, just continue having a affair and ignore your ruined marriage.

Sorry, my friend, the wife is very very Chinese. doesn't even watch white man movies; plays Majong; and, puts Zhang Zhiyi to damn shame both appearance and intelligence wise. 40 years marriage Man! 40 years. also teaches daughters that Chinese is where its at meaning two fine very Chinese kids to my credit.

Mel Gibson is a tool, a violent drunkard. I guess in your vast experience you consider all non chinese to be the same.

I just love that family man image in... what you call that movie -- "contact" was it? All about encounters and such?

I'm sorry, but the concept of a dowry was given away quite some time ago. As I said my wife married me for me, I didnt force her and she certainly knew that if her goal was to be rich and live off my "fat" accounts, then should would be sorely disapointed.

No need to explain. We are Chinese and we know how the average Chinese marriage are "ARRANGED" in China these days.

[ Last edited by edisonone at 2010-7-14 06:35 AM ]
Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.