Views: 16627|Replies: 33

Expo is a nice place to be [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-6-9 15:03:51 |Display all floors
I don't understand what all this fuss is about people's behavior in expo site? It is a World Expo not the English Expo. People from various Countries are expected to come there. One cannot expect them to behave in the same way. There is supposed to be a huge crowd and you have to wait for a long time to see some pavilions. This is the part of the expo visit. I waited happily for going inside the China pavilion. I don't regret it at all and unlike some people say I did not see any Que jumps or whatever. Even if there were Que jumps i wouldn't care because I went there to experience the various Countries and their exhibits, not to rank the behavior of the people. Even you don't like to wait in the Que why bother visit the expo? You can watch pictures online. There is an increased trend among many foreigners especially people from Western Countries for criticizing everything that this Country does. The people in China knows what they are good at and what they should improve so why don't you keep your useless remarks to yourself?

A brief on my visit to the Expo:
I went there in the morning and waited for my turn at the entrance. There were a lot of people. The atmosphere was very lively with people talking, taking pictures. I was with some of my friends who were Chinese. I am an Indian. We waited patiently like everyone else for our turn because we were very excited about the expo. On entrance and security check which was very polite unlike Dubai Airport lolz, we went to take the subway. The Subway was also packed and I saw a family with two kids who were twins. They looked so cute that everyone lighted up their faces with pleasant smiles on seeing them.

After arriving the expo site I saw Australian and Thailand pavilion from outside. We did not go inside because we were more excited about China and India pavilions.  We went through some other pavilions like Indonesia, Philippines, Oz because these were not very crowded at that time. Inside the Philippines pavilion I saw some form of music and dance which was very nice. I really liked the walk through the expo axis and the China pavilion looked gorgeous from a distance. We waited patiently in front of the China pavilion and later on the inside we say many interesting things. The 30 years of China presentation video was my favorite. Inside the Indian pavilion we say many exhibits about personalities and culture of India and a 3D video as well. The Indian dance was a good effort but personally i think it was not the best. The food was good but the restaurant could have been better. Overall I recommend the expo to anyone coming to Shanghai. All these nonsense about bad experience is unbiased and completely illogical. I cant wait for my second visit. Happy expo visit.!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-9 17:04:07 |Display all floors
wow,great~~~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-9 18:15:38 |Display all floors
Can you explain children urinating on the streets to me?
Malaysian-born Chinese

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-9 19:37:56 |Display all floors

info appreciated.

Originally posted by nchaly at 2010-6-9 15:03
I don't understand what all this fuss is about people's behavior in expo site? It is a World Expo not the English Expo. People from various Countries are expected to come there. One cannot expect t ...

Interesting.  I would like to visit but how many days do you think we need to cover the entire expo?

Thanks.
What I said, remains.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-9 20:48:12 |Display all floors
Originally posted by nchaly at 2010-6-9 15:03
There is an increased trend among many foreigners especially people from Western Countries for criticizing everything that this Country does. The people in China knows what they are good at and what they should improve so why don't you keep your useless remarks to yourself?..

Ahh... that old chestnut.

Westerners should not and cannot criticize China yet Chinese (especially here0 should have freedom to criticize whomever they wish.

All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-10 11:00:57 |Display all floors

Reply #3 taikor's post

what's the average waiting time for the pavillions?

Major nation pavillion - ? Minutes
Minor nation pavillion - ? Minutes

Thanks in advance.

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-11 00:02:57 |Display all floors

dunno who to listen this time...

some folks sez not enough visitors as the chinese predicted, and now some says more than 7 hrs of waitin time...should i stay or should i go not just the title of the clash #1 single but that is my question for YOU  

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.