Views: 12885|Replies: 25

How long do you spend on the way to work [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-6-7 16:10:11 |Display all floors
i live near my working place so that i only need to spend less than 20 minutes on bus. many chinese say a job should at least has one of three advantages: near your home, provide much money and not busy. so how long do you spend on your way to work?

china daily

BEIJING - Beijingers have the longest commutes of any city dwellers in China, spending an average of one hour to and from work, according to a study released on Saturday.

Academicians warned that the lengthy transportation times in many cities showed that the "development of traffic systems is lagging behind urbanization".

Calculations by the Chinese Academy of Sciences found that Beijing tops 50 major cities in commuting times - 52 minutes on average.

The southern economic hub of Guangzhou, the eastern financial center of Shanghai and the booming southern city of Shenzhen followed the capital closely with 48, 47 and 46 minutes, respectively.

Residents from 17 cities, out of a total 50 cities analyzed, spend more than 30 minutes in traffic.

"Spending half an hour is not too bad but could still be improved to catch up with the international standard," said a senior researcher with the academy, Niu Wenyuan.

Niu led the project of writing the "2010 Report on New Chinese Model of Urbanization", which was released on Saturday and included a calculation of traffic times.

"Urbanization created comparatively serious bottlenecks in traffic flow," Niu told Chengdu-based Western China Metropolis Daily.

Besides the highlighted urbanization problems, Beijing has seen a massive influx of migrants who cram the metro system and vehicles that paralyze the road system.

More than 22 million people are living in the capital city. But the original plan of the municipal government was to contain the total population to less than 18 million by 2020.

The total number of cars registered in the first four months of 2010 rose sharply from 23.8 percent from a year earlier to 248,000, according to the Beijing municipal taxation office.

The increase rate will put the city on course to have five million cars on the roads by year's end.

Li Kang, a 28-year-old Beijing local, said her home is only five km away from her workplace in Guomao (international trade center), but it takes a taxi 40 minutes to "creep there".

"Riding a bus to the subway station is even more time-consuming. When I just decided to switch back to a bike lately, the news said that air pollution is unbearable in the city."

Many netizens claiming to spend far more than 52 minutes commuting suggested "strict traffic control that was once employed during the 2008 Olympic Games should reactivated".

Time calculations in the research examine five values: distribution of industries and demographics, average distance to work, per capita road length, percentage of multi-dimensions in traffic systems, and percentage of people using public transport.

Diverse means of transport, including working, cycling, public transport and cars, were also calculated, according to Niu.
I am a Beijing girl.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-7 17:47:13 |Display all floors
I like my last job, but that needs about 2hours on way to company,everyday I can't go back home until 8:30 p.m..As a monther,I gave it up finally.

Now I am working in a 'nearer' company (about 1h),but the salary is only half of that in last company.:-(

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-8 15:18:08 |Display all floors
It takes me within one hour to go to the company, which is said not to be far. Considering distance between your company and home is one of the elements of  choosing job.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-11 11:45:05 |Display all floors
I'm working in the factory, everyday I get up at 6:15, departure at 7:00, when I arrived at my office it's around 7:45 by company car. I like my work, but it's too far, not perfect

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-11 12:35:16 |Display all floors
About 2 minutes as I work and live at same places. Everyday wake up at about 6.30 then take excersise, watch News and have breakfast, go to office at 8.00. I like this life no rush, but sometimes a little boring.
Enjoy life everyday

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-11 16:12:12 |Display all floors
40 ms

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-13 18:37:19 |Display all floors
Dear my friends,:)

We are providing S atelliteTV Sercices for you,now available in Shanghai.

See blow for super packages and programme lists.

if you want learn more packages & details,please do not hesitate to contact us.

MSN: jamesincity@hotmail.com
Email: jamesincity@hotmail.com
:):):)

MORE Programme screen shots please see
picasaweb.google.fr/118328628180388033371/
or
picasaweb.google.fr/118328628180388033371/PackageAProgrammeLists#

Super Package A

MOVIE: (English language and Chinese subtitles)
Star Movies International,HBO,AXN,Cinemax,Hallmark Channel,Phoenix Movies,Celestial

Movies,Star XING KONG,TVB GALAX
News:
CNN,BBC World News,CNBC HK,Channel News Asia,Bloomberg Asia,Phoenix Chinese,Phoenix

Infonews(chinese),MASTV,NHK World(Japanese),KBS world(Korean),TV5 MONDE(French)
Sports:
ESPN,Star Sports,EuroSports News
Documentaries: (English language and Chinese subtitles)
Discovery,National Geographic Channel
Entertainment:
Channel [V],MTV,TVB8,NOW TV,HUAYU entertainment

Super Package B (English language and Chinese subtitles)
HD means High Definition wich give you Pefect Vision Quality and On Scene Ambient

MOVIE:                           
Star Movies HD,Star World HD,HBO HD,HBO Family,HBO Hits,HBO Signature,FOX HD,FOX Family,FX

HD,Cinemax,MGM Movies,Warner TV HD
News:
CNN HD,Fox NEWS,Channel News Asia,Bloomberg
Documentaries:
Discovery World HD,Discovery Home&Health,Discovery Science,Discovery

Turbo,National,Geographic Channel HD,NAT GEO Wild HD,Food Network Asia HD
MUSIC:
The UNITEL CLASSICA HD,iConcerts HD,KMTV (Korean),MUSIC 440,Dance TV HD

Sports:
All Sports Network HD,NBA TV HD,Golf Channel HD,NHL Network HD,Extreme Sports HD
Fashion:
FashionTV HD,LUXE HD
Kids
BabyFirst,Boomerang,Kids co,Nickelodeon

Entertainment
OBS HD(Korean),tvN(Korean)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.